Pets

Pets

I setup in my profile the new pet fee option.  How do you handle guests that ignore it and just bring a pet with them?

1 Reply 1
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

I just had one that did exactly that.  The cleaning was not that much extra so it actually didn’t take more time to clean up but I was peeved that they didn’t say they were bringing a dog and left dog poop in the yard. I technically could request $25 through resolution request but to what end?
If the guests are still there you could try a reservation change to add the pet cleaning fee as well. always be polite. Plans change so we can acknowledge that. 
In my case, it was a one night stay and I didn’t observe the dog, it was the evidence left, footprints in fresh snow in fully fenced yard, dog poop, dog boogers and hair on sofa.
I messaged the guest politely as soon as I observed these things, waited 24 hours with no acknowledgement or response. And then left an honest but professional review  (Guest also left all doors unsecured and one wide open in winter here).  My goal was to warn other hosts about this type of guest.  Bet next time they are asked specifically by host or denied due to this review, they will think twice about being a bad guest or stop using the platform.  For me, my job is done.