Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Pre-approval guest wants to barter for part of his stay.

Nancy1295
Level 2
Milw, WI

Pre-approval guest wants to barter for part of his stay.

I turned him down because:

--I don't believe AirB&B's hosting protection insurance would cover the day(s) they don't know he is there and

--It seems it is defrauding AirB&B of their piece of my fees, if the guy only appears to be staying for 3 days, when it is actually longer.

He told me he is trying to save on expenses; why then didn't he apply to someone with a cheaper place?  I thought it was crap.  Any thoughts?

6 Replies 6

I'd agree with you on your assessment. He was just bottom fishing and indeed trying to eliminate the commission for the extra days as well as any local taxes. 

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

I wouldn't do it; it's a violation of Airbnb policies and if Airbnb finds out (which they can by looking in your inbox), for any reason, they will deactivate your listing and probably not even tell you.

Thank you, Maia29, for the feedback. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nancy1295  As they say, "You done good".

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Nancy1295  the only thing I can add here is, you should report this guest for this.

Colleen:  I am new at all this, as you can probably tell, and my first instinct was to report him, but I don't know where or how.  AirB&b's website is convoluted and somewhat circular, and finding any given thing is time-consuming.  If you could shortcut that process for me, I'd be most appreciative.  Thanks!