Price to guests wrong eventhough smart pricing off and no discount set

Answered!
Frances52
Level 6
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom

Price to guests wrong eventhough smart pricing off and no discount set

Hi, I hope someone can help. I'm at my wits end.

I don't have smart pricing on and I have not set a discount for monthly stay. I have even set max 7 nights stay and anything longer needs to be manually reviewed. 

I ensured the above was done because previously I did not set max length of stay and a guest instant booked for a 30 night stay and horror of horrors, the price he was quoted and booked at was 40 per cent of actual total price, that is, a whopping 60 per cent discount! I tried contacting support but each time it 'timed out' and there was no actual option available on how to be contacted. (See screengrabs) So that meant going round in a loop until the case was closed with no resolution. In the meantime, I requoted guest correct price with a discount. The guest cancelled anyway and suggested I rectify the monthly price. If only he knew that the so-called error is through nothing I had done, and not only that, did not know what happened. 

And today, I received enquiry for another 30 night stay and again, at almost 60 per cent discount.  Again, I'm going round in circles trying to get support. 

Has anyone else who has experienced this problem managed to get a resolution and if so, share what exactly is going on when this weirdness happens? It annoys me to have to explain that Airbnb seems to have a glitch and is randomly offering unauthorised discounts, and I'm not trying to take my potential guest for a ride by claiming that what's been quoted is wrong.

Please help if you can.

Thank you!

Below:

1) After "select a contact method"...

Screenshot_20220421-235927_Airbnb.jpg

2)... you get this

???? Airbnb's equivalent to putting you on hold listening to elevator music....

Screenshot_20220421-235940_Airbnb.jpg

3)... and then... they hang up

Screenshot_20220422-005304_Airbnb.jpg

1 Best Answer

Of course that's what they're pointing to @Frances52.  🤦‍♂️  Plus no ability to do math (although discounts are heaped on top of each other so who knows, 10% here, 20% there, and voila, 60%).  

I can see promotions as far back as 2017, but I can't delete them.  What's the point of CS bringing it up?  They need to find a current promotion and give you access to it.  But it's clear you're caught in a glitch.  So frustrating, and I hope it goes away soon!

I was about to sign off, but thought of one more thing - a temporary measure until this gets sorted.  My maximum is 7 days, but I allow guests to request longer stays.  You probably have the same thing set up.  But the problem right now is that a guest can choose 30 days and see the erroneous discount and think he's hit the jackpot.  Then it's awkward to tell him no, that's not the price.  So for the time being, maybe consider removing the ability to ask you about longer stays?  They won't be able to choose and put in a reservation request for more than 7 days.  But they can always put in an inquiry about something longer.  You would then have to ask them to make several bookings in a row.  It's really about managing guests and their price expectations right now, until it gets sorted out.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 10.19.58 PM.png

32 Replies 32
Frances52
Level 6
Robertsbridge, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0  £60 for Christmas week -- yikes! Was your solution similar to what I had posted, as well as the update below regards setting maximum stays at 27 nights? Did you find another solution you could share?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Frances52 the website had set a price for the week over Christmas of £60. I finally found this and removed it and all has been well since

Dee-Grace0
Level 2
Newton, MA

I had a similar experience. No discounts but guests get a huge discount. Maybe where the guest is located I though may affecting the listings. Messages were from China mostly. 

Smart pricing or not the price wasn’t correct, there suppose you be a monthly set price that I didn’t place. CS at Airbnb us not used to be. There are few good CS but some CSs are insulting hosts..