Proper Etiquette: 3 peson group approved; I cannot go

Nicholas446
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

Proper Etiquette: 3 peson group approved; I cannot go

Hi,

I booked an Airbnb for 3 people approved (and added to the reservation). Recently, I learned that I cannot go; however, the other two people will go.

Is there anything I need to do to notify the host? I saw in the past there are issues with third-party transfers where say a one person room has someone else take the reservation; however, this is a different situation given they're already part of the reservation.

Cheers,

NIck

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nicholas446  As they are already on the reservation, it likely won't be an issue, but notifying the host of the change of plan is certainly the proper thing to do. It is actually still considered a third party reservation, as the person who booked won't be staying. The host might ask that it gets rebooked under the account of one of those who will be staying, and in that case, you'll need Airbnb to help facilitate that.

As the booker, though, you will be held responsible for the behavior of the other guests (and the review will appear on your profile), so make sure that they have read thoroughly through the listing description, are aware of and willing to respect the house rules, and communicate arrival time and such with the host.