Queen bed reviewed by guest as a double

Nate-And-Kaylee0
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

Queen bed reviewed by guest as a double

Hello all!

I have a property with a queen bed in the bedroom, yet it has repeatedly been reviewed by guests as a double bed. More then once Guests have given a 4 star review stating “the bed is comfy but it’s a double not a queen”, which stresses me because it is most definitely a queen bed and listed as such! So when guests think it’s a double they review poorly. How do I address this? 

18 Replies 18
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Nate-And-Kaylee0 this is really odd. Our listings have queen beds and nobody has ever reporting thinking they are doubles. I think I would message the guest and ask what gave them that impression.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nate-And-Kaylee0  It's been mentioned on this forum before that there is some psychological thing about reviews, where guests who are prone to complain will copycat complaints they read in other of a host's reviews.

It definitely seems odd that you'd get these complaints if it's a standard American Queen. From my research,  they are the same size in Europe, 60'x 80', the exception being if it is an extended length. But width is the same. In Mexico, Queens are even narrower and shorter.

But Americans these days seem to mostly all use Kings, so they probably have no idea what a Queen bed size is, and don't bother to look it up before making false accusations.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Nate-And-Kaylee0   I think that this is a trend with younger guests.  My cabin has a queen bed -- the largest that I can fit into this 1937 cabin's bedroom.  My listing specifically states Queen bed.  I have not had anyone mistake it for a double bed in 15 years...until this year, when two separate guests said that my bed was a double and not a queen.  Sheet size says Queen....

@Nate-And-Kaylee0 

In my private guest room, the bed/mattress we have is what is called a "super single" in Korea so this is what I have in the listing description -  1 super single bed (110×200cm or 43×79in) 

I agree with others that stating dimensions in the description or under the photo will make it clear 😀