Question about automated messages

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Question about automated messages

For Hosts:

I remember a few weeks/months ago, I logged into the app and there were a bunch of prompts about setting up automated responses. I think the idea was that you could tell the app to detect keywords in messages from guests and respond to those messages with the saved message of your choosing. At the time, I was busy and dismissed everything.

Now I'm trying to set it up and can't find the feature anymore. Was it taken away?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sean95 

I use the website, and the feature is still there, in the INBOX screen on the left side

(click on the menu-icon at top of that screen). No idea about the app (as i do not own a mobile phone), but maybe somebody else can check it.

There is helpfull guide from @Ann72 written here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/A-guide-to-using-Scheduled-Messages/m-p/1387268#M330281

Emiel1_0-1609880546400.png

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sean95  On the app, they've available within each message thread.  Open a message thread and you'll see three icons to the left of the text box.  Choose the one in the middle (it has a tiny clock face on it), and you'll see which scheduled messages have been sent, as well as an option to manage scheduled messages.  Choose "Manage," and you'll see all your scheduled messages plus a plus sign to allow you to create new ones.

Thanks, @Emiel1!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sean95  Oh duh, they're also available just like they are on the website.  Open the inbox and click the three horizontal lines at the upper left and you'll see "Scheduled Messages" at the bottom of that menu.

Sean95
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Thanks @Emiel1  and @Ann72 . Actually I realized what had happened was that I signed up for Pro Tools several months ago and that's when I had the option for scheduled messages. However, after a few weeks, I cancelled Pro Tools and that's why the option has disappeared. I didn't realize it was exclusively a Pro Tools option.

Stephanie929
Level 2
Takoma Park, MD

Me too!!!!!  Mine just made a mistake and I want to understand why.