REQUEST DEPOSIT REFUND ASAP

Ivy149
Level 1
Ipoh, MY

REQUEST DEPOSIT REFUND ASAP

123.png

AS MENTION ABOVE, PLEASE BE INFORM THAT I ALREADY PAY SECURITY DEPOSIT RM450.00 FOR THE HOMESTAY ON 07/12/2019 & CHECK OUT ON 08/12/2019.
THEY MENTION FOR THE SECURITY DEPOSIT WILL REFUND TO US FOR THE 14 WORKING DAYS, BUT UNTIL TODAY 03/01/2020 I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVE IT.
MAY I KNOW WHAT THE PURPOSE FOR YOU HOLDING MY DEPOSIT FOR SO LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG??????????????

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Ivy149 

A little confused by your post. Airbnb doesn't actually take a deposit, but as it says in the information you have linked to - has the ability to charge against the deposit amount if the host has a claim against you.

So there is no deposit to return.

This is a community forum of hosts and guests, not monitored by Airbnb, so if you have been charged a deposit outside of Airbnb, you will need to call Airbnb directly to follow up on this.

ALREADY CHECK WITH HOST AND THEY PUSH THIS TO BNB BECAUSE THEY ALREADY INFORM BNB TO RELEASE THE DEPOSIT. SO WHAT FOR STILL HOLDING MY DEPOSIT?IF YOU AS A BEGGER NEED TO CHARGE MORE PAYMENT JUST INFORM ME INSTEAD OF PUSH THE QUERY TO HERE AND THERE!!!

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

I'm a bit confused by your post as well, @Ivy149 . You say that you stayed with a host for a month in July-August of 2019, yet your profile says that you joined Airbnb in 2020. These dates don't mesh at all.

Also, typing in allcaps is very hard to read. May I suggest you take your caps lock off when posting?

@Jennifer1421 

Thank You for the new word "allcaps", I've never seen this before. All I knew till today was "capital letters".  I will now add "allcaps" to my german/english airbnb dictionary, even though it has nothing to do with airbnb really. But allcaps-typers are everywhere and we have to fight them wherever we can.

@Ute42I think that properly, the word should have a space - "all caps", or possibly a hyphen, but I'm as guilty as the next person of being lazy 🙂 It's certainly a useful word, and much easier and more efficient that saying "typing in all capital letters".

You are correct - we must fight this scourge wherever we come across it!

I register this for complain because I wait long enough! Pls read it well I mention as above I stay overnight at 7th Dec 2019 and I make the rent fees RM300++ & deposit RM450! But until today 4th Jan 2020 still haven’t get back my deposit! 

@Ivy149posting this here is not going to resolve the issue - as was stated above you need to contact ABB directly as no one here can help you