RESOLVED RIGHT AFTER I POSTED unable to login on PC using email

Jyll1
Level 2
Placencia, Belize

RESOLVED RIGHT AFTER I POSTED unable to login on PC using email

Edit:  no clue why I went back to close all Airbnb down and amazingly, was logged in.  It's been 3 days of this issue so I'm leaving it in case Airbnb wants to look into it, and no idea how to delete it!

I've been away from traveling and logging into my account.  The Belize number attached to my account is not receiving calls or texts from Airbnb from some reason (but has received texts from Belize while in the US).  I did the "further identify yourself" steps and the credit card attached to the account is an old one - no idea what the expiration date is.  When I click on the choice to confirm using Facebook, the 'next" button just spins.  

Is there a glitch going on right now?

Is there an email address for Airbnb?

I don't want to open a new account using a different email address.

PS If Airbnb is reading this, the "verify" tests after each step are beyond ridiculous. I appreciate wanting to be secure but that is overkill.  Two-step verification via email or phone is sufficient.

2 Replies 2
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Jyll1 ! I'm glad to hear you got this sorted in the end. 😃

What did you do to be able to log in again, was it just closing all windows and then opening it again? Sometimes it helps to delete your cookies and browser history as well though be careful not to delete your password if you have that saved there! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Jyll1
Level 2
Placencia, Belize

The issue started two days ago.  I didn't know which password I had used.  I couldn't retrieve anything because I wasn't receiving a reset link in my email and couldn't get a text to the phone number on record.

Yesterday, I cleared cookies, history, etc (don't store passwords) that morning.

Shut down everything and restarted.  Opened up new tabs (Chrome on PC).

I thought to try to login to Airbnb again.  I tried to get a password reset -- and finally did, in email.  I updated my password.

Then I still had to go through all the rounds of captcha "verify" for each step.

Then it said wrong password.

So I tried to connect to Facebook - it finally did.  But it still wasn't logging me in.

Around this time I was looking for a support email and found the forum and posted this question.

Then I went back to all my open airbnb tabs and started closing them and I THINK because I had posted this, it updated/logged me in and one of the airbnb tabs had me logged in!!!