Reimbursement for Reservation No-Pay

Dan14741
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Reimbursement for Reservation No-Pay

A guest reserved my room for a night and no showed.  They were in communication with me until 10 pm (1 hour after my official check in time ended) and then didn't pay.  AirBnB canceled the reservation the next day when it wasn't payed by the guest.  I should be reimbursed for this since I held the room for the guest and the reservation was not canceled in time for me to find a new guest.  

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Dan14741  You are right that this isn't fair. The way to prevent this from happening is not to take last minute reservations. Set advance notice to 2 or 3 days, so their payment has time to clear, otherwise this is always a risk.

I don't see how this solves the problem.  I was in communication with the person that made the reservation all day until 10 pm the night the were to arrive.  

@Dan14741 It doesn't solve your immediate issue, it is advice that can prevent it from happening again. You aren't the only host who's gotten shafted like this on last minute bookings.

Airbnb, if they fail to collect payment from the guest, either because of some glitch, or because the guest's credit card was maxed out or invalid, or whatever, always just tells the host essentially, "too bad".

Although they insist on dealing with all the payments, they take no responsibility if the guest's payment doesn't go through.

Sorry this happened to you, but it would be a waste of your time to pursue this, you'll get nowhere.

Dan14741
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

How can I talk to someone at AirBnB about this?  I can't find anywhere to actually talk to support or file a claim?  The reservation was canceled (By AirBnB) so I can't file a claim against the reservation similar to how I would if there were damages. . 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Dan14741 You can call Airbnb - numbers are pinned in a 'contact ' post at the top of the help section in this community.

Whether you should call Airbnb is another matter as it will cost you hours of your life that you will never get back and potentially high blood pressure.