Remove Airbnb Reviews – A Superhost’s Secret Weapon

Brian511
Level 2
Tannersville, NY

Remove Airbnb Reviews – A Superhost’s Secret Weapon

Had a guest leave a review that stated "Better read the rule book or you may not be able to use the hot tub at the mountain top hot tub suite"

I asked Airbnb to remove the review based on him agreeing to the house rules which included, hot tub is available weekdays till 10:00pm weekends till 11:00pm and closed when raining(which I think is totally reasonable). Well I guess guests can give you a bad review and complain about a house rule they knew about in advance and agreed to when booking, because Airbnb did not have my back and refused to remove the review. Would love to here other hosts experiences related to these issues. 

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Brian511calm down,  it is good that your guest warned prospective guests to read house rules. I have it on the top of my listing's description but barely anyone reads them since Airbnb moved house rues to the very bottom of the page + they have to be expanded. I already had 3 cancelations in the last 2 months + a few declined requests because guests thought they can check in late at night.

Brian511
Level 2
Tannersville, NY

I agree and appreciate the feedback. Seems to me to be more transparent they should have the house rules more prominently displayed.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Brian511 not what you asked, but why not allow hot tub use in the rain? (If we had that rule our tubs would be closed 9  months out of the year.)

Brian511
Level 2
Tannersville, NY

Because it throws off the Ph to the point where sometimes I need drain the tub and start over again, which leaves little or no time to get it up to temp for the next guest especially in the winter months 

@Brian511 really? That's a heck of a lot of rain.

Brian511
Level 2
Tannersville, NY

It's not the amount it's what's in it