Reservation code HM2WBFTDCH

Michael6257
Level 1
Porto, Portugal

Reservation code HM2WBFTDCH

I would like to enquire if I´m eligible for the extenuating circumstances policy coverage of circumstances related to COVID-19.

My free cancelation policy ended on 29th; this morning on the 30th December I contacted the host explaining that I had tested positive for Covid-19 and I would like to suggest a full refund on my payment, so far no answer from the host.

All the following are true:

- my check-in date is within the next 14 days

- I haven't already canceled my booking

- I haven't already checked in

- I am currently sick with COVID-19 and have a official PCR test as documentation.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Michael6257 

This is a Community Center, not Customer Service.  You need to contact Airbnb directly.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Michael6257  You need to contact customer service directly. Asking your host to refund is not the proper protocol. A booking can only be refunded if it is cancelled. And hosts do not get paid for a booking until 24 hours after the check-in date. So the host has nothing to refund- at this point Airbnb has your payment.

A positive Covid test is currently covered under the Extenuating Circumstances policy.  You should be eligible for a refund and will have to submit documentation.

But attend to this Asap- the longer you don't cancel, the longer the dates remain blocked on the host's calendar, so they can't be rebooked. This is unfair to the host, as it affects their livelihood, so hopefully Airbnb can deal with this for you quickly.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Michael6257 and everyone,

With some of the things mentioned on this thread, I wanted to let you all know that some changes have recently been made to the COVID-19 Extenuating Circumstances policy. 

If you haven’t seen it yet, you can find them here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Update-to-our-approach-for-guests-sick-with-COVID...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen