Retaliatory reviews

Retaliatory reviews

All my bad reviews (3) in 78 reviews is about retaliation!!! Called Airbnb before escalating the issue to the guest, Airbnb said they will support me... they didn't!!! even two weeks ago a guest lost the bike, I have a clause in the House Manual of 500 dollars for lost, stolen or broken bike. AIrbnb requested me (the Superhost - AirbnbPlus host) to send them the police report of the stolen bike. The guest said the bike was stolen, we found out her boyfriend was drunk with one of the employees of the building and lost it in the beach!!!! and I have to give back 900 dollars of the reservation even I have strict policy. The guest previously wanted to cancel and we told them no, she treated us to give us a 1 star review for not doing it... Airbnb is not doing ANYTHING about it, even they didn't accept my claim of the bike!!

11 Replies 11
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Mark-and-Gabriela0 

According to the terms, bicycles seem not to be covered by the Host Guarantee: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2869/host-guarantee-terms-and-conditions?locale=en

Airbnb’s Host Guarantee is not an insurance policy, and not all property damage caused by guests is within its terms. Hosts who want more protection are encouraged to purchase personal insurance that will cover property damage not protected by Airbnb’s Host Guarantee.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/279/what-is-the-airbnb-host-guarantee

You totally missed the point!!! I have a 500 dollars for damages and 500 dollars for lost/damage/stolen bike to the GUEST!

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Mark-and-Gabriela0 

If and when a host makes a request to collect on their security deposit, it will be handled according to the Host Guarantee Terms and Conditions.

see https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/140/how-does-airbnb-handle-security-deposits

I agree, it's the full responsibility of the guest, not of Airbnb.

Yes, but retaliation in order to get what they want and punish the owner or host, by principle it shouldn’t be allow.

if there are 76 reviews mostly 5 stars and 2 only retaliation reviews... both cases the same  issue, they want to cancel but the cancellation policy don’t allow it...

they know we can loose Superhost with only ONE  bad review... ONLY ONE 

AIRBNB are creating monsters guests, because they know Airbnb will support them.

we hosts/owners have to suffer tje consequences. 
Each year is worse the level of credibility and threats to us ... 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Mark-and-Gabriela0 

I think with bikes or items used outwith a property, there is a need as such to treat as a separate business - along the lines of pay a deposit in situ and only then get the bikes unlocked kind of operation. If something subsequently does go wrong, then you have leverage to rectify. 

You can put any penalty you wish in the house rules, but without having a method to enforce it, the penalty is useless in practice.

I understand you undoubtedly try to enhance a guest trip with access to bicycles, however you should be clear eyed about the probable consequences if something goes awry.

I was very clear in the House Rules but Airbnb don’t respect it, same way that for years Airbnb didn’t respect NO PARTIES, and TODAY  it looks they will start doing it... let’s see

My apartment has bicycle included in the rental always, that’s why I specified very clearly 3 times about the penalty that Airbnb and the guest didn’t take any responsibility 

So Elena you misunderstood the claim, it is not a separate business.

@Mark-and-Gabriela0 You can say it's included in the rental price and part of the Airbnb, but Airbnb doesn't cover insurance for any vehicle - bicycles included - so you're not covered. You should rent the bicycle to guests seperately outside of the Airbnb platform with a seperate liability waiver and damage deposit if you want coverage, because Airbnb won't cover you: it's specifically excluded. 

Still the point is missing... Airbnb helps the guest to miss ... not comply responsibility of paying for a bike stolen/broken or damage.

Tulum is a town to ride bikes to the beach, from now on... I’m not including bikes anymore, they will be stored for my use only