Review for a no show

Linda1005
Level 2
Tootgarook, Australia

Review for a no show

What do I do about review for a guest who didnt check in , Airbnb is asking for my review , Thankyou,  Linda.

3 Replies 3
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Linda1005 🌸

I wouldn’t review a no show. There could be all kinds of reasons a guest can’t travel and it is difficult to rate the guest in the different categories when they didn’t stay. If you leave a review your guest will get notified and will be asked to leave a review themselves and you could earn yourself a less than 5 star review. So I would just ignore ‘the invite to review’ message 🙂🌿

@Linda1005  Both the host and the guest are always automatically prompted by Airbnb to review each other if the booking wasn't cancelled prior to the check-in date. That doesn't change if it's a no-show.

I usually don't review if I have nothing to indicate what kind of guest someone might be in the future. But if they were exceptionally communicative and gracious when updating me on their change of plans, I might briefly note that as a recommendation. And if the interaction was exceptionally negative or the guest demanded an exception to the cancellation policy, I'd consider stating that in the review too (perhaps at the end of the review period).

Renee291
Level 7
Cincinnati, OH

I have I have a similar situation where a guest did not show up and did not respond to messages through the platform or through a text message. I have no idea why they did not show up. Frankly, that bothers me and scores them extremely low on communication. I feel a guest should at least notify notify you at some point as to why they aren't going to show up or why they didn't show up. Common courtesy. So do I review them in this regard or not?