Review mistake

Eric4610
Level 2
Chillicothe, OH

Review mistake

so i accidentally gave a 1 star in a review of my recent stay. The gentlemen who hosted said it froze his listing due to it. I did not mean to do that

It was a great place to stay. Can i fix that somehow? I cant figure out how

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The only way to fix it is to contact Airbnb and tell them what happened and see if they will remove your review. It is lovely that you are trying to help @Eric4610 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Eric4610 you are not allowed to change reviews once published as this would lead to people changing their review once they read the review of the host.

Airbnb will, I think, possibly allow you to delete the review but probably not edit it

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 

That might not be the case. If @Eric4610 only wants to change the star rating, rather than the wording of the review, it might be possible. I had a guest who hit 4 stars instead of 5 by mistake and Airbnb were fine about her changing it, but that was a while ago.

What concerns me here is that we were told by Airbnb that a system had been put in place to detect 'outlier' reviews and prevent precisely this sort of situation, so why did this happen? The guest is supposed to get a prompt when they hit that 1 star, asking them if they are sure. @Eric4610 did you get any prompt like that while you were leaving the review?

Eric4610
Level 2
Chillicothe, OH

To be honest I couldn't tell you because I was driving while doing it after leaving the work I had that day so I'm not sure off the top of my head because like I said I was driving while doing it but it was definitely an honest mistake on my part I did not mean to leave the gym in a 1-star it was a wonderful place so I there is no lying about it the only lie is that I meant to put a five-star instead of a one cuz it was definitely deserving of a five this was an honest mistake on my part not trying to ruin anybody's reputation

@Eric4610   On the plus side, it's not exactly the worst thing that can happen when using your phone while driving...

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Eric4610  
This is the same situation as me, one-on-one. The guest was very happy, put 5* for all points, wrote a good review and a good personal comment, but in the final rating accidentally clicked on 1*. Yes, this is a big nuisance for me as a host.((
The guest wrote to support with a request to delete their review or correct the final rating (she sent me a print screen of her appeal to support), but NOTHING.