Reviews

Answered!
Mary-and-Brian0
Level 2
Inniskeen, Ireland

Reviews

I have not got a review from my last guest who left over 10 days ago. I am new to this

What should I do?

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Some people write reviews and others don't, @Mary-and-Brian0 . I do nothing about it. But I'm old. 

When you are new, you do need reviews. I understand your concern. Do you have some bookings coming up? If so, maybe let this one go, and hope the upcoming guests write reviews. 

If you feel quite desperate for this review, you could write to the guests and ask. It's just that the review process is rather long and people are tired of writing reviews for every product and service. Asking, in my opinion, makes it worse. They don't want to, and now they have the host nagging them as well as the system.

Have you written your own review of the guest? If so, they will have received a prompt from Airbnb that says something like, Mary and Brian have reviewed you! To see what they said, write your own review! 

Finally, your guests may be travelling, and are waiting until they get home to write the review. They do get several system prompts, so it isn't as if they will forget. Hope that's the case and you get five nice stars within the next four days.

All the best!

4 Replies 4
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Some people write reviews and others don't, @Mary-and-Brian0 . I do nothing about it. But I'm old. 

When you are new, you do need reviews. I understand your concern. Do you have some bookings coming up? If so, maybe let this one go, and hope the upcoming guests write reviews. 

If you feel quite desperate for this review, you could write to the guests and ask. It's just that the review process is rather long and people are tired of writing reviews for every product and service. Asking, in my opinion, makes it worse. They don't want to, and now they have the host nagging them as well as the system.

Have you written your own review of the guest? If so, they will have received a prompt from Airbnb that says something like, Mary and Brian have reviewed you! To see what they said, write your own review! 

Finally, your guests may be travelling, and are waiting until they get home to write the review. They do get several system prompts, so it isn't as if they will forget. Hope that's the case and you get five nice stars within the next four days.

All the best!

Oh and just to be clear, @Mary-and-Brian0 , I say I do nothing about it, and by that I mean I don't ask guests for reviews. I do review all my guests. 

@Lawrene0 We haven't accessed this section of the website for a long time and did not see responses to our query of last February until today. Thank you for taking the trouble to reply and please excuse our inattention. It was an excellent response.

We have since had many quests and great reviews and have just been awarded Super Host status today and are very pleased with this accolade. 

Happy hosting Mary and Brian

Congratulations, @Mary-and-Brian0 !