Reviews

Olivia538
Level 1
Texas, United States

Reviews

I have had 2 extended stay clients who didn't give a rating.  As you are aware this has a large impact on the host status rating and the consequence is losing your super host status rating.  Any suggestions on assuring ratings by guests moving forward?

2 Replies 2
Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Olivia538,

Most of the seasoned hosts here in the community will recommend that all new hosts not accept long-term stays in the beginning to have an opportunity to garner more reviews, which will translate into attracting your target guest.  Also, shorter stays will give you an opportunity to smaller lessons learned, and the ability to make corrections/updates based upon them.   The hosts would also suggest not turning on Instant Book at first, and accept only booking requests so you get used to vetting guests and heightening your awareness for potential red flags.

If these tips don't apply to you.  I'd suggest sending the guest a little message saying that you're going to leave a review, and ask them to do so also.  Emphasize that reviews are important for both guests and hosts to get reservations.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

@Olivia538 I'm not sure what you mean by "host status rating," but in terms of Superhost you aren't penalized if the guest chooses not to review you.  The only thing is, the more total you have, the less of an impact an individual rating will have on your averages - which can affect your Superhost eligibility. 

Airbnb does email guests several reminders to leave a review, and they also get a notification when you complete a review of them, so it's not really necessary to prod them any further. But some friendly correspondence on the checkout date can help keep a pleasant vibe fresh on their minds when the first review prompt comes in.