SCAM

Karen2657
Level 1
Hudson, WI

SCAM

So I have two listings , one is for the entire 3400 square feet of my home with pool , and the other is for just the lower half of my home, my calendars are linked so obviously when the entire large home is rented the lower is not available.. well yesterday I had a booking for 14 guests for 3 days. They cancelled 4 hours before check in , stating it was due to covid, so I lowered my rates on my other listing in hopes of renting the lower listing .. and it just so happened that the gust that cancelled the othe listing due to covid ended up in my lower level and the only reason I realized is due to the license plate of the van and the profile pic of the cancelled guest matches the description of this guest that checked in my lower level listing . I tried all day to ask air b n b what yo do or how to handle this, finally I went out to my pool and said the name of the guest that has cancelled hours before check in due to covid and she looked up and I asked how I was supposed to handle this being this is our home and they scammed me, as well as now what if they did get exposed to covid.. the conversations didn’t go well and I ended up yelled at on my own property .. in fact .. this happened over an hour ago and they still have not left my property .. and to top it off I can’t get a straight answer on how to handle this from air b n b .. 

one of the guests was literally offensive telling me that I wasn’t giving them their privacy !! 
this is nuts! My listing is always full every weekend all summer and how this scam happened is beyond me. 
nothing like having super untrustworthy people in your house that tell you your wrong for standing up for what’s right! 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Tell them you will refund them unused nights if they leave by x o clock with the space left as they found it.

Call airbnb and tell them you're not comfortable hosting them and you've asked them to leave.