Share your art projects!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Share your art projects!

Just finishing this for our New Orleans condo. I can never afford all the art I want, so I have to try and make my own. Anyone else making stuff they would like to share? I would love to see what you have created. 

painting 2021 11.jpg

52 Replies 52

@Sandra126 I love these! One of my favorite things about seeing other artists' work is getting inspiration from their pieces. I used to quite enjoy portraiture but have not done any in some time. Looking at your work I am tempted to try something again! Thanks for sharing. 

Also, in our New Orleans place we have several paintings by an artist who does these birds and butterflies on wood with gold leaf. Here is her site-- reminds me of yours. 

https://kelly-l-magee.square.site/

Thanks @Laura2592 ! I looked at Kelly's work, it's beautiful. Love the shellfish too.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I'm actually seriously impressed. What a talented bunch you are.

Mmm, feel like I should post something but slightly intimidated now! 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Oh @Huma0 , please post something! You make amazing things, a role model, a paragon of style! I can lay it on thicker if it helps...

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sandra126 

Ok, let me see what I can find! 

At the moment, I am doing some Japanese embroidery with my niece but that is very far from finished and I doubt will be a work of art 😞

@Huma0 aw don't be intimidated! I never try to sell anything or in any way style myself as a professional. Painting is the one thing I do totally for myself. I enjoy giving my art to people who appreciate it--- I just did a painting for a friend's birthday.  I think we should do a little arts and crafts group to support one another. 

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Laura2592My daughter is a true artist while my artistic abilities are limited to furniture items for our listing.   I have begun hitting local saw mills for live edge wood slabs.  Very easy to create a one of a kind table. bench or charcuterie board with a little (lot) of sanding and a couple coats of danish oil.IMG_1092.jpgIMG_1232.JPGIMG_1179(1).jpgIMG_1163.jpg

@Linda-And-Richard0 nice! We had to take down a dead ash tree and my carpenter is making me a coffee table from it. I was thinking something with a live edge like this. Great inspiration!