Share your passions: Tell us about your hobbies and interests!

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Share your passions: Tell us about your hobbies and interests!

256492_GettyImages-179706948_ForYou.jpg

Hello Hosts! We enjoy getting to know our wonderful community of Hosts and learning about the unique experiences and talents you bring to the table. We would love to know more about your hobbies and interests outside of hosting! 😃

In my spare time, I enjoy baking sweet treats, but more recently I have been dabbling in making savoury pastries 🥐 I love travelling and my dream is to go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef! 🐠 I also have a cat named Nimki and I love watching funny cat videos, if that counts as a hobby? 😹

Do you have a passion, interest, hobby, or skill that you would love to share with others? Whether it's being a culinary master cooking delicious meals 🥘 playing a musical instrument 🎸or anything else, we want to hear about it! 

Let us know in the comments below what hobbies or interests you have, and if there's anything related to your hobbies that you incorporate into your hosting experience 😉 

We look forward to learning more about you! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

43 Replies 43
Sarah5000
Host Advisory Board Member
Adelaide, Australia

@Robin4 thanks for your kind words, wow it looks incredible you working on the rooftop! However we can not stop the age but our heart can be always younger than our ages!

Sarah
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hey Soph 💕 @Sophia, what a great topic. 

Since I moved to British Columbia two years ago, I've been discovering new passions, among them my love for outdoor activities. This place is well-known for its beautiful landscapes, forests, and lakes, so I try to visit a new place every weekend.

Hiking and mountain biking are my two favorite hobbies right now. Here's a picture from my hike last week to Crooked Falls in Squamish, B.C.

Crooked falls.jpg

I'm wondering if maybe @Andrea6232@Cheri354@Guy991@Karen4131 , @Sorcha3@John7474 and @Laurelle3 would like to share some of their hobbies 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Ciao @Paula , My favorite hobby is reading... in my house in Venice I have a small collection of books about the city 😍

Books in VeniceBooks in Venice

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww that's so lovely that you have books about Venice! I bet your guests do have a peak at the books, what a thoughtful gesture 😊💕

-----

Hi @Paula and @Sophia 

It's nice to hear a bit from all corners of the world.

My hobby is in many ways the nature around my summer house in Sweden, where we work in the forest and garden. This has a lot to do with being an Airbnb host, because we send a loving thought to the guests who come to enjoy the nature and surroundings here.

I am Danish, but am quite fascinated by the Swedish Easter tradition of decorating a tree in the garden with colorful feathers, so we also do that every year. I haven't seen this tradition in other countries, but we find it quite festive 🙂

IMG_5347.jpeg

Happy Easter 🙂

Karen

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Karen4131 it is really fascinating to learn about everyone's hobbies & interests! 💖

that's honestly sooo lovely! First time I've ever heard of this Swedish Easter tradition 😍 In the UK, we are winding down for a long Easter bank holiday weekend 🎉

-----

@Karen4131 thank you for sharing your Swedish Easter tradition in the garden. This year we have the same return family staying for the third year.

What I will be doing this year I will be making/weaving a small basket (nest looking) from the honeysuckle creeper that is covering our little garden shed. This is my task tomorrow and on early Sunday morning I leave the nest with chocolate Easter eggs in on the doorstep of the cottage for our little guest. He is now 4 years old, talkative and is a delight to see him again. So I hope the surprise will bring a smile to his little face when he discovers it when he goes out. 

@Karen4131 @Sophia   The Easter basket made out of the honey suckle vine for my little guesAustin. It took about 2 hrs to make.

096ab4a3-0908-4af0-81dd-d9aa18bfa78e-1_all_4874.jpg I added a littleEggstra I Thinking ahead I had been saving egg shells for easter and was going to put little fluffy toy chickens in. Couldn't find them last minute. But found little diansours instead.

I thought these would delight a small boy. 

Addit

096ab4a3-0908-4af0-81dd-d9aa18bfa78e-1_all_4869.jpg

 the little diansours hatching with Easter eggs underneath

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Laurelle3 oh my goodness, the basket is sooo adorable! I bet Austin must have been overjoyed, bless you for going above & beyond by creating this! 💖

-----

Hi @Sophia,

I've been hosting for about 3 months and realize I enjoy this very much! On my spare time I like to read and I like to sew. Hosting has provided an outlet for my sewing in the form of hammocks, furniture cushions and other household items. I get to pick out nice beach themed fabrics and explore textures and colors. 

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Yolanda596, aww I love how hosting has allowed you to channel your energies and talent for sewing! 💖 I used to sew but never had the change to really get into it! I really want to dabble in punch needling/embroidery 😍

-----

Ulla415
Level 2
Västra Götalands län, Sweden

Hi @Sophia ,

I love to go walking and enjoy nature, to stay fit and challange myself in small or large. We have a greenery where we love to grow tomatoes in the summer. I love gardening. Our grandkids are often here and they keep us in shape. We do a lot of crafts and baking and playing when they are here. We love them. Thank you for reaching out. We are looking forward to have our first airbnb guests.

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ulla415, we are trying to grow tomatoes this year again, we love the different varieties of tomatoes there are. In my culture we have a delicious tangy tomato curry 
🍅I bet the grandkids keep you on your feet! They must love doing arts, crafts & baking 🍰Thank you for sharing! 💖

-----

Ulla415
Level 2
Västra Götalands län, Sweden

IMG_3724.jpeg