Share your unforgettable hosting stories!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Share your unforgettable hosting stories!

Quincy_0-1720609716981.jpeg

Hello everyone 👋 

We're gathering your most unforgettable hosting stories to potentially feature them in our Community Center festivals, inspiring fellow Hosts and guests alike. I think we may all agree that hosting on Airbnb is not only about providing a place to stay but about creating unforgettable experiences for guests. 😍

Have you ever had an interesting, funny or heartwarming experience that has left a lasting impression on you or your guests? We want to hear all about these amazing stories! 🙌

Here’s how you can share your special stories with the wider community:

1. Craft a detailed story: 🖋 Many of you go above and beyond to ensure your guests feel welcomed, comfortable, and cared for. Whether it's a transformative experience or the beginning of a lifelong friendship, set the scene and provide details. We are asking for 500 words (if you can!) 
  2. Pictures: 📸Include photos to complement your story. 
  3. Comment your story below or send it to me via direct message. 📩

We look forward to hearing your incredible stories that highlight the special bond between Hosts and guests. Let's inspire each other with our experiences!

Here are examples of some amazing stories shared by some Hosts in the community👇

@Clara116's Story: Clara grows loofahs in her garden and delights in sharing them with her guests, adding a personal and unique touch to their stay.

@Daniel1651, @Jue0, and @Claudia331’s Co-Authored Story: This trio collaborated to recount their memorable experiences with guests, showcasing the diverse and heartwarming interactions they've had.

@Robin4’s Story: Robin went above and beyond by helping their guests with home construction on Kangaroo Island, turning a simple stay into an unforgettable experience of community and support.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

32 Replies 32
Alba-Maria4
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I am very happy to be on Airbnb because it makes your dreams come true. I always wanted to have my own business and after so many years trying to do business, now I can do it a reality with Airbnb. Thank you

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alba-Maria4, this is such a lovely comment! Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! 

I would love to hear if you've had an interesting, fun, or heartwarming experience that has made an impact on you or the stay of your guest 😊 

Stories are welcome @Alba-Maria4

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hola a todos llevo 6 años en Airbnb soy super anfitrión y tengo una copa por estar en el top del 5% de los mejor valorados. Y es un placer pertenecer a este grupo 

[Translation added by Community Manager]

Hello everyone, I have been on Airbnb for 6 years, I am a super host and I have a drink for being in the top 5% of the best rated. And it is a pleasure to belong to this group

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Mari-Carmen27 , We're so happy to hear from you! You have a such a beautiful listing! Do you follow any particular strategies to maintain your Superhost status? 

Do you have any memorable experiences with guests that you'd like to share with us? 😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hola, creo que los detalles son importantes como cosas para desayunar, compartir lotería de navidad con los habituales, tenerles reservado el aparcamiento cerca del apartamento y recomendaciones de que ver recibir en persona y hacerles un pequeño tour del apartamento 

Hello, I think the details are important such as things to have for breakfast, sharing the Christmas lottery with the regulars, having reserved parking for them near the apartment and recommendations of what to see, receive in person and give them a short tour of the apartment

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Mari-Carmen27 I guess many Hosts would agree that details such as these make a big difference in providing a warm guest experience. Do your guests usually mention your personalized ideas and touch like offering breakfast items, sharing the Christmas lottery, reserved parking, and personalized recommendations in their reviews?

Is there any particular gesture that your guests absolutely love? 😍

-----

Casi todos dicen haber tenido sentido como en casa. Y si todos mencionan los productos para el desayuno, el menaje tan completo de la cocina y los que tienen niños mencionan lo de la bruja que les hace mucha ilusión a los niños, lo del aparcamiento yay lo encantador que es mi hijo y no es porque Sea mi hijo. La verdad es que los 4 años que siguieron como superanfitriones son gracias a él.

Los trató como si fueran de la familia mi casa son dos pisos así que somos los únicos vecinos y nos vemos bastante y suelo tomar algo con ellos. Mi hijo ha trabajado en tres continentes diferentes y muchos países para el la hospitalidad para el es muy importante y lo demuestra 

He treated them as if they were family. My house is two floors so we are the only neighbors and we see each other a lot and I usually have a drink with them. My son has worked in three different continents and many countries, hospitality is very important to him and he shows it.

Tengo una brujita en el portal que les deja golosinas a los niños por la noche  

I have a little witch on the porch who leaves candy for the children at night

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Haha @Mari-Carmen27 , this made me chuckle a bit 😝

-----

Latetia0
Level 2
Boksburg, South Africa

Latetia Venter from SA.

I love this industry.

I enjoy the freedom to host or not to.

We just had a guest from New Zeeland .

He traveled for 2 days to  come back to SA.

He arrived very late and it was an immediate booking.

The way we waited for him, his welcoming present, cozy room, something hot to drink and a hot shower. Was hart warming for him.

The next morning he woke up with bird song , perfect SA weather and he knew he was save.

He gave me a 5 star review.

We made a difference for him when he needed it. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Latetia0 , It's amazing to hear about your positive experience with the guest.  It's great to see how your kindness impacted the guest and how it reflected in his 5-star review.

What inspired you to get into hosting?  Do you have more such favorite or impactful moments that you'd like to share with the community?

Looking forward to hearing more about your hosting journey! 🌻

-----

Latetia0
Level 2
Boksburg, South Africa

Hi Bhumika.

I knew nothing about hosting.

We had our house in the market and the plan was to move to a small holding were my In-laws stayed, before they past away. 

The place was rented out on that stage.

I am a believer in Jesus Christ, every morning I have my quit time and during one of these sessions, after I  was done, I heard very clearly.

That we were moving to the small holdings and that I was going to have a guesthouse.

On Facebook I saw Karen's introduction session to  learn more about AIRBNB.

We enrolled that day and later for a proper coarse, I also done an upgraded coarse this year.

We have a room and a Bachelor Cottage listed and will have an extra room soon.

We have been going for 5 years now.

This years booking from Airbnb was very slow though.

Ciao a te Quincy e a tutti voi, sono host da pochissimo tempo e mi sono già innamorato di questa nuova esperienza che sta dando la possibilità a me e a mia moglie Francesca di incontrare tanti nuovi "amici". Sì, amici, perché come dici bene tu Quincy, grazie ad Airbnb ai nostri ospiti non offriamo  solo un alloggio, ma una storia unica da vivere, in parte anche con noi, che rimarrà per sempre nei loro ricordi. Come per magia si creano situazioni e storie veramente uniche, dovute ai nostri vissuti che si intrecciano con la magia della spensieratezza e della voglia di vivere nuove esperienze. Il cocktail è davvero straordinario e tutto grazie alle possibilità offerte da Airbnb che ci mette in relazione con persone che diversamente non avremmo mai incontrato.

Auguro a tutti di poter provare le stesse emozioni che stiamo vivendo io e Francesca!! 

Hello to you Quincy and to all of you, I have been a host for a very short time and I have already fallen in love with this new experience which is giving me and my wife Francesca the opportunity to meet many new "friends". Yes, friends, because as you rightly say Quincy, thanks to Airbnb we offer our guests not only accommodation, but a unique story to live, partly with us too, which will remain in their memories forever. As if by magic, truly unique situations and stories are created, due to our experiences that are intertwined with the magic of lightheartedness and the desire to live new experiences. The cocktail is truly extraordinary and all thanks to the possibilities offered by Airbnb which puts us in contact with people we would never have met otherwise.

I wish everyone could experience the same emotions that Francesca and I are experiencing!!