Share your unforgettable hosting stories!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Share your unforgettable hosting stories!

Quincy_0-1720609716981.jpeg

Hello everyone 👋 

We're gathering your most unforgettable hosting stories to potentially feature them in our Community Center festivals, inspiring fellow Hosts and guests alike. I think we may all agree that hosting on Airbnb is not only about providing a place to stay but about creating unforgettable experiences for guests. 😍

Have you ever had an interesting, funny or heartwarming experience that has left a lasting impression on you or your guests? We want to hear all about these amazing stories! 🙌

Here’s how you can share your special stories with the wider community:

1. Craft a detailed story: 🖋 Many of you go above and beyond to ensure your guests feel welcomed, comfortable, and cared for. Whether it's a transformative experience or the beginning of a lifelong friendship, set the scene and provide details. We are asking for 500 words (if you can!) 
  2. Pictures: 📸Include photos to complement your story. 
  3. Comment your story below or send it to me via direct message. 📩

We look forward to hearing your incredible stories that highlight the special bond between Hosts and guests. Let's inspire each other with our experiences!

Here are examples of some amazing stories shared by some Hosts in the community👇

@Clara116's Story: Clara grows loofahs in her garden and delights in sharing them with her guests, adding a personal and unique touch to their stay.

@Daniel1651, @Jue0, and @Claudia331’s Co-Authored Story: This trio collaborated to recount their memorable experiences with guests, showcasing the diverse and heartwarming interactions they've had.

@Robin4’s Story: Robin went above and beyond by helping their guests with home construction on Kangaroo Island, turning a simple stay into an unforgettable experience of community and support.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

32 Replies 32
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is such a glowing review @Susan1188! Thank you for sharing this! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Kelley152
Level 2
Eugene, OR

Hello! I don't have one particular memory to share, but a handful taken together. I've had guests who reunited and fell in love again during their stay, guests come to the Pacific Northwest for the first time and fall in love with our outdoors, and so many parents and grandparents grateful for a quiet place to sleep while visiting their children and/or grandchildren. What's surprised me the most are the handful of guests who when checking out have left me a small gift in gratitude. So unexpected! Overall, hosting consistently reinforces my faith in humanity. I've had a couple difficult guests, and one who caused damage. Those individuals are far outweighed though by the daily goodness and kindness of my guests.

~Kelley

On the side of giving kindness to my guests, I had a very young man visiting his girlfriend at the university during winter. We happened to have a truly terrible ice storm during his visit. Thousands and thousands of people across the county lost power for weeks. Luckily my power was only out for a handful of days. In the meantime I rustled up all the blankets I could give him, gave him guest passes to our gym that had generators and hot showers, gave him a box of
Hot Hands" hand and foot warmers, dug out my battery lanterns and candles, etc. We were all so happy when power was restored! Later this past spring a guest showed up a day early while I was cleaning the suite! We sat down together with the Airbnb app and switched their reservation to the current night (which was luckily available). Then I brought them into my home and let them relax while I finished cleaning their suite. These bigger accommodations, and the smaller ones like mailing home a forgotten phone charger, truly make me happy to provide. This is the kind of welcoming support I'd like to experience on the rare occasion I might need it. 

~Kelley