Should I report a suspected act of vandalism

Sam32
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Should I report a suspected act of vandalism

I had young guests who were setting up the rear deck for a party( hanging signs and birthday party decor), I confronted them and said that I can not have any parties here, they said that they will only have the 5 guests and call anyone else who might be coming off (and they did, there was no party) the next morning the glass on both my cars parked in front of the house was broken, someone broke 2 windows and scratched a third on one of my cars and broke the window on the other car.  I cant prove it but I believe it was the friends of the guest that were turned away. QUESTION: Should I say so on their review, should I say that they are my chief suspects?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sam32  No. Reviews are to talk about the behavior of your guests and should always be factual, not speculative. And your review would probably be taken down if you were to say such a thing in the review.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Sam32 

I wouldn’t mention it in the review or comments. You don’t have any evidence.

You do need to make a police report though, in order to file an insurance claim on your auto policy.

The police should ask if you have any idea who might have done this. I doubt that they will follow up on it but if they do they might have a talk with the prime suspects.

Or perhaps there were other incidents in your neighborhood and they already have suspects of their own.

One can only hope.