Show us what you've got. What makes where you host special!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Show us what you've got. What makes where you host special!

@Paula 

We are getting away from the thread here Paula and move this somewhere else if you feel the need but when it comes to Autumn, we are in a nice part of the world here in the Adelaide Hills......

Piccadilly Valley in AutumnPiccadilly Valley in Autumn

Piccadilly Valley wine region....

88af5e446e6c7ab6ffec3802cd89e2df.jpg Main street of neighbouring town, Stirling.

Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens in Autumn.png

Drone shot of Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens.

Autumn in Mt Barker.png

Autumn on the Mt Barker linear trail.

Honeymoon_Romantic_Getaway_Thorngrove_Manor_Hotel_Stirling_Adelaide_Hills_SA_2_0.jpg

A local boutique B & B  Thorngrove  Manor.

Golding Wines Adelaide Hills.jpg

Entrance to one of our local wineries, Golding Wines.

And another Angove's Wines.......Adelaide 6.jpg

Even our capital city Adelaide looks ok at this time of year......

38f0453604be2de8c229b6b3737f1b36.jpg

Autumn is lovely in many countries around the world Paula, we are just lucky to have our fair share of it at the moment!

Cheers........Rob

5 Replies 5
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paula 

Thanks for moving this post Paula but,  I think a lot of us are ignorant of the beauty all over the world. We are all too bound down in vehicles being torched, riots, stabbings, school shootings to step back and look at what is truly beautiful around us.

Just before I step back can I show you something awe-inspiring!

It isn’t just the coastal areas of Australia that are beautiful, the outback can be just as stunning!

Australia has a big rock…..in fact I think it is the biggest rock in the world,  Uluru,  Ayers Rock. It is actually a single rock, not an escarpment feature in the landscape. Its composition is entirely different from the terrain around it, how it got there God only knows but, it is massive. To give you an idea of its size, it is 10Kms (6 miles) around its base. It takes roughly 3.5 hours simply to walk around its base and it is taller than the Eiffel Tower!

Here it is at sunrise……

New Dawn 2021.jpg

Here it is at the 'Sounds of Silence dinner'.......

Sounds of Silence dinner Uluru.png

And here it is after sunset........

Longtitude 131 solar lights.png

One of those moments you remember for the rest of your life!

Cheers........Rob

@Robin4 I don't know if it varies by time of year but I always thought the flies would stop people eating as per your picture.

Anyway thanks for the lovely pictures - It truly looks like a wonderful place to live.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Flies disappear once the sun gets that low in the west, and in any case, where good food is concerned flies don't stand a chance. Mike. 

These shots were taken at a glamping site called Longitude 131.

https://longitude131.com.au/gallery/

To stay there is just the most magnificent experience. It is wonderfully catered for, expensive but, an unforgettable experience!

Cheers.........Rob

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Robin4 

What amazing pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them. Your post has inspired me to start planning my next vacation to Adelaide 😊, where I actually have a group of friends studying and working at the University of South Australia.

I don't want to miss the opportunity to share some of the latest pictures I took at the Tulip Festival in Abbotsford, British Columbia, just in case any of our members are planning to visit Canada in the next few months:

IMG_0183 (1).JPGIMG_0128 (1).JPGIMG_0194.JPGIMG_0185.JPG

Regards,

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

As you know @Robin4 I'm not a Host, but I wanted to share this photo that I took a couple of nights ago!  My mate Bonnie and I will often head off in the car after work, and find a nice spot to walk around until it gets dark.

This is the foot of Gray Mare's Tail Nature Reserve, with Gray Mare's Waterfall  visible right at the top.  Sadly we weren't blessed with the sun that evening, but I still think it's a sight to behold!

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 15.43.26.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines