Smoking

Valeria97
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Smoking

The new long-term guests at my smoking listing do not want anyone to smoke there or they will request a refund. They prefaced this ultimatum by asking to record the conversation. They are smokers (not cigarettes) so I’m assuming that’s why they chose a smoking residence. Any suggestions?

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Valeria97  They booked a smoking allowed listing. They don't get to dictate that others aren't allowed to smoke cigarettes. 

I would terminate the rest of these guests' booking asap. 

@Valeria97 

If they don't want anyone (besides themselves) to smoke in a smoking allowed home they are staying at, they should book a private home listing. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Valeria97 

Did they give You a reason why they don't want anyone else to smoke there?

What do they smoke if not cigarettes?

They smoke pot. No problem with that. He is allergic to cigarette smoke. I’m running a 1,500 ft hepa air purifier in the living/dining area which is 200 sq ft. and there are 11 windows in that space. It’s a veritable wind tunnel.

@Valeria97  And what did he think it meant when he booked a "smoking allowed" home? He didn't understand that means the host or other guests in the home can smoke?

He has more issues than his allergies. 

If you let this guy stay, I predict you will have more problems with his "It's all about me" attitude. And at the end of it, he'll leave a bad review.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Valeria97 

Tell Your guests they can purchase Your place and then dictate who smokes what.

I agree with @Sarah977 , there will be more trouble with this guest. Maybe just for fun take it up with airbnb CS and see what they say. A guest complaining that other people smoke in an smoking allowed listing. I've never read anything like it, not even close to that. People are getting weirder all the time.

I just sent a message to Airbnb. 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Valeria97 

I just wanted to tell You that all 3 private rooms You're offering don't show anymore when I click onto them. Your guests must have complained to airbnb and they took Your listings down. As @Sarah977  and I have already said, there will be more trouble with these guests. Get them out now.