Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

So when are we all getting the email about our potential 25% refund Airbnb????

So when are we all getting the email about our potential 25% refund Airbnb????

Seems after reading some posts that some hosts have already received an email regarding the cancellation policy refund and the super host grant. Unfortunately even though I'm eligible for both I'm still waiting. Anyone else waiting???

43 Replies 43

I don't know of one but one should be started!!!

Cor1
Level 1
Ee, Dongeradeel, The Netherlands

yes, still waiting

Judy387
Level 2
Charleston, SC

Still waiting to hear from someone, anyone. 

Mindy85
Level 1
Colorado, United States

Still waiting despite communications with Airbnb support and assurances that I would receive the 25% on 3 specific reservations. I’ve heard and received nothing. 

Sheila22
Level 10
New York, NY
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Just had email, payment is on the way. It's not a lot but I wasn't expecting any. Will go and buy some jam maybe.

Chris225
Level 5
Flagstaff, AZ

I just received an email today for cancelled reservations in March. We have a flexible cancellation policy. Guests cancelled well in advanced. Wanted to share.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Just got a second small payout. Not sure how it works, but obv not coming in one go.

Rose123
Level 10
New York, NY

Seem like at this stage the whole thing was just PR to cover up their scam. I wouldn't hold your breath, but I would switch to another platform and vow never to work with them again. Oh, and it might not be a bad idea to reach out to all your hundreds of former guests and let them know the situation!

Simon2553
Level 3
Zürich, Switzerland

I'm also still waiting.  I'm a super host with a strict cancellation policy.  I had 9 bookings cancel under the ECP, and lost $10k of deposits.

Two thirds of those were Mar 14-Apr 30.  I'd expect to receive $1600+ for Apr (25% x 2/3 x $10k), and another $900 in May. But thus far, haven't heard anything.

Got an email confirming 25% payout for everything that canceled up to Apr 8th (cancellation date, not checkin date).  Payout is scheduled for May 1.

Chau59
Level 1
Strasbourg, France

I have 10 cancellations during mars till May, and still do not receive any message from Airbnb

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

still waiting for the 25% cancellation, this promise been dragging for weeks with fake hope and still nothing. 

Rodney11
Level 9
Toronto, Canada

Check your AirBnB messages for the COVID bookings cancelled by guests. These should now show whether you will receive any payout, and for what amount. You should also see cancellation payments in  you upcoming payments, showing up to which cancellation date is being paid out.