So when are we all getting the email about our potential 25% refund Airbnb????

So when are we all getting the email about our potential 25% refund Airbnb????

Seems after reading some posts that some hosts have already received an email regarding the cancellation policy refund and the super host grant. Unfortunately even though I'm eligible for both I'm still waiting. Anyone else waiting???

43 Replies 43

Hello @Helen213!

When you say you, "got a list of all my cancellations and amounts," do you mean you put the list together yourself or got the list from customer service? I put my list together myself, but didn't know if customer service is tracking it and are confirming the cancellations and amounts..

Thanks!

I tried to piece the list and amounts together myself  AND I contacted Customer Service to requested it from them.  Told them I needed it for a grant application. They sent me a picture of the reservations and amounts on a spreadsheet.

Gary803
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Haven't gotten any e-mail.  I sent a message to the Help desk at AirBnB regarding the first of 8 cancellations that I believe apply.  I am also a Super Host!

Gary803
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Perhaps they can issue us 1,000 shares of the company stock if and when they launch their IPO in a few years?

Maxine33
Level 8
Alexandria, VA

I was told we would be receiving further details in early April but that was two weeks ago.  I suspect they may be hoping for some external source of revenue.  They are talking about a LOT of money here.

Pawel4
Level 2
Cozumel, Mexico

Nothing for us either. What happened to the early Apr notification they were supposed to send out? At the very least, if they're experiencing delays, they should update hosts. It's mid-Apr and we have not heard anything. They made a lot of big promises and now crickets.

James321
Level 3
Huron, OH

Typical Airbnb. They don’t care about their hosts at all. Classic example of overpromising and underdelivering. Or not delivering at all. 

Henri585
Level 1
Tallinn, Estonia

Same problem here, no notifications emails on the details of the 25% refund and no refunds made whatsoever. And its 16th already and they promised to send more details at the beginning of the month...

Mark245
Level 1
La Quinta, CA

Nothing

@Mark245    Just got an email from Airbnb this morning, saying that the money is on the way.  It is also showing under my April earnings on my dashboard.

Are you referring to the 25% refunds or the host relief grants? Glad at least someone is getting something!

That is the encouraging. Thanks!

Sabrina220
Level 2
Middleburg, VA

When I first watched the video of Brian telling us that Airbnb will be giving us 25% payouts from what we would have received after cancelled reservations, I was so impressed and hopeful. I actually felt proud to be a part of Airbnb, a company that was standing with their hosts.... That hope is slowly fading away. I haven't heard anything about the 25% refund or a host grant. At least, an update that they are delayed would be nice. 

I think a class action law suit is in order.

@Susan3652  Do you know of a class action lawsuit that is underway?