Someone else is soliciting business on my listing

Answered!

Someone else is soliciting business on my listing

I just got the email below from an interested party. Can I determine if there is a false listing on AirBnB for my property? I do not know where the listing was seen.

I'm interested in booking this place and originally saw it listed on --------. It was posted 22 days ago, and wanted to make sure that it was legit. I emailed the owner whose name was not the same as yours. Could you please verify? Thank you!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like a well known scam, except they normally tell you they have seen the same/ cheaper elsewhere @Steven1008 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Steven1008  Ask them to tell you the name of the site without framing it as a URL or link.  You need more information before taking any more steps.

I did that. Hard to get useful info through AirBnB. Thank you.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Steven1008,

Ask the guest where they saw the other listing, and tell them that the Airbnb listing is legitimate.

I did that. AirBnB restricts a lot of information in emails. Thank you.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sounds like a well known scam, except they normally tell you they have seen the same/ cheaper elsewhere @Steven1008 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Steven1008 

Something identical cropped up the other day like your message, see the link below

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/co-host-scam/m-p/1325047#M314854

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Steven1008This is a classic phishing scam. It's the same as when you get emails that say things like "OMG, is this you on this YouTube video???" They get you to click a malicious link to check out the "other listing". If you clicked the link, make sure you run a virus scan on your computer ASAP. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Steven1008  This isn't an "interested party", this is a scam to get you to click on the link, in order to gain access to your account. Never click on any link in a message from a guest. Report the message to Airbnb (there is a "report" option by the message and also on the account profile), and then ignore the message, or message back "No" or "Go away, scammer". Do not click on Decline and certainly not on pre-approve or accept.