Spam Enquiries

Helen889
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Spam Enquiries

Anybody else getting lots of SPAM enquiries from people who can’t speak English properly, claim to be foreign medics and provide their phone number to contact them outside Airbandb? Also had one swearing quite a lot - is very unnerving...

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

The outside contact numbers and the swearing are good indicators that all is not well with these enquiries. Unnerving indeed. Are you flagging their profiles, @Helen889 ? 

Helen889
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes most definitely have been reported 

Mel131
Level 4
Peterborough, United Kingdom

Yes I received one today. Claimed to be a doctor sent to the area, no reviews, bad grammar and wanting me to message him on WhatsApp.

Jess155
Level 2
Bozeman, MT

Yes we have gotten about one a week. The last 2 haven't even been translated, just lots of forgin characters.  We are reporting them.  They seem to always be for about a month stay and offer to pay outside of Airbnb.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Helen889 @Jess155 @Mel131 @Lawrene0 

Airbnb Spam Surges as Scammers Target Desperate Hosts during COVID-19 – STR Insider

https://strinsider.com/airbnb-spam-covid-19/

I get suspicious requests, just one sentence, some say, "Call me", some just ask "Are you hosting", some call me different names instead of my name. When I respond, none of them replying back.