Spam and Cancellations

Fabricio51
Level 1
Denver, CO

Spam and Cancellations

I guy reserved by house for 20 days. He then contacted me a day before to ask me to give him 70% or he would cancel. I ignored him but did no cancel him because of what it does to my account. He then continued harassing me. I emailed AirB&B several times to let them know that I thought it was spam but never got anything. He ended up cancelling the day of and only one night was paid out. I still have not heard from AirB&B and do not know what to do next. 

Advise?

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Fabricio51 , I don't know what you can do more than report the guest to Airbnb for extortion and leave a review. Not recommended. This is just awful. And increase your policy to strict. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Not sure of your timeline, but when a booking or a request to book is made, I am on top of communicating with the guest and if I do not get the expected response, I either do  not approve the request or I cancel the IB booking through Air BNB. I think communication is key to how a person will fit as a guest.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Fabricio51  Too late for this one, but if a guest tries to extort you, you should report them to Airbnb right away. You ask them to cancel the reservation with no penalties to you- in a case like that, you don't have to worry about the cancellation affecting your account- Airbnb can do a "neutral" cancellation for you.