Start up host- struggling with lower rate review!!

Ali133
Level 1
Marrakesh, Morocco

Start up host- struggling with lower rate review!!

Hello everyone, 

We joined Airbnb platform as a host lately and received excellent reviews, however made the biggest mistake to take a guest with 0 review, from the moment they walked in, we knew its not going to end well, that was true, the guest gave us to lowest rating with 2 words ( NOT GOOD), with no specific feedback or justification for the rating and we believe the negative review was simple retaliation for a problem that presented during their stay, when we noticed the guest was smoking in their suite (which we do not allow and sign clearly is displayed) rather than in our designated smoking permitted areas (like our terrace for example). The guest was very defensive when staff reminded them about not smoking in the room, refused to pay the associated cleaning fee, and proceeded to treat our staff in a demeaning and hostile way during the stay, also we hope it was not intentional, but the guest later stained their bedsheets with blood, leading to additional costs and loss to our business.

Tried to report the matter to Airbnb support but have been unsuccessful, 

Any tip is much appreciated!

Ali 

2 Replies 2
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ali133

I'm really sorry to hear about this experience - have you made any progress since your post here by any chance? 

A review can only be removed if it goes against the reviews policy, so if you have any proof of the above I'd encourage you to highlight it to the Support team when you talk with them. Let us know how it goes!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello @Emilie , 

Thank you so much for reaching out, no progress has been made since I posted my post, except hearing from you :-). 

We do have cctvs but are not directed to guests rooms for privacy purpose therefore there is no interaction of the incident in cameras, could you kindly direct me to support team email address, I have repeatedly tried to report the review but am not sure am doing it right or my reach out goes un-answered.

I have gone through reviews policy but do not think the incident falls on the guests party category, as a matter of fact it was not a party just retaliation of law rating just because he was politely told to smoke in designated areas. 

Thank you for reaching out again and any insights you can provide will be much appreciated. 

Ali