Suggestions or recommendations for AirBnB website.

Answered!
Burke10
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Suggestions or recommendations for AirBnB website.

Is there a way or person to contact about suggestions or recommendations for the AirBnB website.  There are some failsafes that need to be implemented to un-muddy the waters.

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Burke10 

There is a feedback option: Airbnb Feedback 

And you can post your comments here to get responses on it from other members.

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Burke10 

There is a feedback option: Airbnb Feedback 

And you can post your comments here to get responses on it from other members.

Perfect thank you.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Burke10 

Whats the problem? Most of us think airbnb web site is the best one out there by far the number 1 platform, 

Show me a picture of Pet Fees on a Listing (prior to booking).

@Burke10 

Are you asking me? Please use the @ and my name will pop up then we will know who you are asking,

@Sudsrung0   Could you show me a screen shot of Pet Fees from the Travelers side of the website?

@Burke10 

I dont allow pets of any sort not even Goldfish

@Sudsrung0 we had fish once until the cat fished them out of the bowl when we were cleaning their tank. Very expensive cat food!

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

does this help as an idea...

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/3171

also depends on number of pets, airbnb has for 1 pet only if hots include it. If a fee is not listed on the Airbnb listing, means you don’t have to pay it. They can request, you would have the right to deny it.

@Burke10   I have a listing where pets are welcome for a fee.  

AirBnB no longer shows the pet fee as a separate line item in the quote.  The cost of the pet fee is now divided by the number of nights the guest is booking for and is then added to the nightly rate.

This explains why so many of my pet owning guests are confused about whether or not they have paid the pet fee at booking.

Shame on AirBnB.

@Lorna170 Thank you Lorna, finally someone that actually understood my concern.  I was afraid that I was missing it somewhere but apparently not.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Burke10 

You can leave feedback as per @Emiel1 's instructions, and there is certainly no harm in doing so, but I doubt that this will change any time soon as it's a very recent update from Airbnb. It's not a glitch, it's very intentional:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/Improving-price-transparency-for-guests/m-p/17090...

Guests have been complaining bitterly on social media about a lack of transparency in pricing on Airbnb and having a load of fees tacked on at the end and Airbnb have responded to that (and probably also government pressure - in some countries, that's not legal) by changing how the price/fees are displayed, i.e. showing them the total cost, minus taxes, upfront. I assume that is what is causing the issue...

@Huma0 That seems precisely what they have done in an effort to be more transparent have actually hidden pet fees.  These are unintended consequences of their change.  This can't be that hard to show on the website. I mean if you look at Show Price Details you will see "cleaning fees" and "service fees" so why are "pet fees" not shown.  Makes no sense.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Burke10 

You are right. That doesn't make sense. I think it's a good thing that the guests see the total price upfront. However, where that cost is broken down for the guest, why hide the pet fee?

I also don't understand why it's the same fee for one pet nor several or why infants (up to five of them) are free. So, Airbnb's pricing often doesn't make sense.