Suitcase accidentally left

Answered!
Cory76
Level 2
Hillsboro, OH

Suitcase accidentally left

My last guest accidentally left an entire suitcase full of clothes.  By the time the cleaning crew came to clean the guests were 4 hours away.  They asked for the suitcase to be shipped to them and they would pay the costs. Should this come out of their deposit? Or separately?  

1 Best Answer
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Cory76 You need to use the 'Resolution Centre'. Send a 'request money' request to your guest, once you've worked out what it will cost to ship. The guest then has to accept the request, then Airbnb will take money from the guest's card & transfer it to your account.

I've done this a couple of times, when shipping small items left behind.

- You could get payment BEFORE you ship, if you don't trust them! (Then they have to trust you.)

2 Replies 2
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Cory76 You need to use the 'Resolution Centre'. Send a 'request money' request to your guest, once you've worked out what it will cost to ship. The guest then has to accept the request, then Airbnb will take money from the guest's card & transfer it to your account.

I've done this a couple of times, when shipping small items left behind.

- You could get payment BEFORE you ship, if you don't trust them! (Then they have to trust you.)

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Cory76 Airbnb does not actually collect any deposit, so this is a distinction without a difference. You need to request reimbursement via the resolution center:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/767/what-is-the-resolution-center