Super host experiences terrible stay at another Airbnb; how do reviews impact future stays?

Super host experiences terrible stay at another Airbnb; how do reviews impact future stays?

My husband and I are super hosts and recently stayed at an awful Airbnb. I’ll spare the gory details but when the bed broke when I sat on it, we informed the host we would be leaving.

Needless to say, we wrote a harsh review and are seeking a refund. The host has written a review of us that is untruthful. 
My question is, how will that host’s review impact our rating at future Airbnbs?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I don't see any negative reviews on your profile.  Perhaps the review was removed?  Is your question how does a review as a guest impact your rating as a host?  I believe that they are totally separate.  While your profile will show all your reviews, both as the host and as the guest, when a potential guest is looking at your listing, the rating is summarizes the hosting reviews.

Thanks so much for the feedback.  We are more concerned about the impact it will have on our rating as a guest.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

>>My question is, how will that host’s review impact our rating at future Airbnbs?<<

If an iffy review appears against your account (it doesn't now), then a would-be host would question it/you. Where is said untruthful review, @Lisa6885?

Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 @Linda108  Unfortunately the review is still there.  To see it you need to click on Hosts profile, then on their listing, then scroll to the bottom where it says ‘hosted by’ and click on their profile again there.  It will then bring up reviews from Guests and reviews from Hosts.

@Lisa6885   I really think you need to reply to their review, keep it short and to the point if you can.  When deciding to accept a guest or not, I tend to go more by the written review than by their star ratings and often the guests response is the ‘deal breaker’.  For instance a three star guest sent a request, a previous host had said that their property was left messy, no dishes done etc. and the guest responded with a long rant stating that they had paid a service fee (not a cleaning fee) and therefore could leave it as messy as they liked.  Needless to say I declined to Host.  Had the guests response been apologetic in any way or perhaps mentioned that she had misunderstood the Hosts expectations then perhaps I would have Hosted.