Superhost Requirements unrealistic for seasonal locations

Superhost Requirements unrealistic for seasonal locations

I previously was a superhost but never expect to obtain that again. I manage 4 properties in a seasonal town. In season most of our rentals are weekly. I will never see 100 stays in a year. I am a 5 star with 100% response rate, but my stays are only 45 for the year and 180 days. One time in October we had to cancel one reservation due to an HVAC issue. Less than 1% cancellation is completely unrealistic for most hosts. I understand that cancelling is not good, but at the same time a realistic standard should be in place.  At this rate, Airbnb is encouraging hosts to continue with a reservation even when something is out of sorts on the property.  That is not good business!

2 Replies 2
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Catherine2511The requirement for Superhost is only 10 stays (not 100.)

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/829/how-to-become-a-superhost

Did you call Airbnb to process the cancelation? A problem with your property may have fallen under extenuating circumstances and Airbnb would have waived the cancellation penalty.  

You are missing my point. If you have under 100 stays and you cancel just one time even if you have multiple properties it is greater than 1% cancellation and you cannot be a super host for an entire year. Yes I called Airbnb. They didn’t care. HVAC systems do not fall under extenuating circumstances.