Glitch with new Categories feature Tulum

Glitch with new Categories feature Tulum

Airbnb start this new CATEGORY feature  that it’s a glitch that decreased income more than 80% percent in Tulum, blaming another factors, but the ONLY factor is that AIRBNB screwed up.

After weeks of complaints, and listening over and over the same answer, that seems copy & paste of the previous one.

We’ve apartments in Tulum, if you try to search a property, the most typical thing is to look under ALL HOMES, oh well… we realized that our apartment don’t show there.

Checked the BEACHES categories and ONLY showed BEACHFRONT ones, then I realized that both categories shows ONLY BEACHFRONT!!

Called to Airbnb and they recognized since 6 weeks ago they started this new feature call CATEGORY and I’ve to wait two weeks until the system reboot… do you understand??? TWO WEEKS!! With no one reservation coming in??????

THAT’S ABSOLUTELY NUTS!!

Wrote back, and FINALLY Airbnb told me I was under AMAZING POOL (I’ve a rooftop pool) and the other apartment under. TROPICAL!?!?!

6EA97B0B-EDDF-4038-B987-0BB6081A20AA.png

Honestly, TROPICAL????? Who goes on vacation to Tropical, who search Tropical?? When you go to TULUM , you go to the beach!!! Period!!!

Tropical is anything between Mexico to Venezuela.

TULUM is a BEACH TOWN and ALL PROPERTIES should be under BEACH .. period.

please see attached pictures to see what it shows… NO FILTERS AT ALL

PLEASE Airbnb put down this ridiculous categories , you are ruining our business 

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mark-and-Gabriela0 

"all homes" is the default, every listing is "assigned" to it. So yours can also be found:

Emiel1_0-1654441227313.png

Both (!) listings are also assigned to category "amazing pools" and "Tropical"

The listings does not show "beachfront" as a amenity nor are there photo's of a beach

(A small one on the Airbnb plus listing).

But the coverphoto on your homepage looks rather "tropical" to me ;>)

https://www.airbnb.com/users/156026871/listings

This showed up after I complained…. Even they told me that they can’t fix it manually….. I’m helping other hosts too to realized what is happening 

im not the only one

D6E26749-7666-414A-BD68-ED264C329CD3.png

Again you’re missing the point!!!!!

who search TROPICAL??? It should be BEACHES!!!!

905689A7-97BB-4080-A4DF-D9705A2879B6.pngFB571E02-D6D8-412F-8E64-03A74F48B367.pngThey showed up after I complaint to Airbnb, most of properties are not shown.

I’m not only complaining about myself I’m warning to all properties in Tulum to watch out

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Mark-and-Gabriela0 Is your point that beaches are the only reason why people go to the tropics (technically 23°05′ north and south of the equator), so no sense using 'tropics' as one of the categories?

Richard2341
Level 2
New York, NY

This change is ruining peoples business.@Mark-and-Gabriela0 You have an amazing listing that deserves to be showing at the top of any page.

But at least you are in a category. My listing is in non!

Airbnb is not showing our apartments although we are super host and 5 star rate. Why is airbnb hiding listings?? Does somebody know what’s going on? 

I don’t know if there is a glitch in the algorithm or they are doing it on purpose because they get more revenue with some kind of properties.