Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Superhost credit confusion

Willene1
Level 10
Kaleden, Canada

Superhost credit confusion

Was happy to receive Superhost bonus yesterday, however I noticed the code they provided is the same code they provided last year. When I check my credits, it only shows one credit expiring Dec 31, 2021. I assume that is last years with the extended date.  I thought this years would have a new code and an expiry date of June 30, 2022 (one year). I have not used last years but planned on using it next month. I would like to use the new one for a winter getaway but it seems odd that there is no new credit applied and the email provides the same code.  I was hoping it was just taking awhile to show up. 
Anyone else notice this?   I will probably have to try to find a way to call them. 
thank you. 

5 Replies 5
Willene1
Level 10
Kaleden, Canada

I called and got an answer. Will post here in case other are wondering as well

“Thank you, please do not worry as you will be able to use both of your bonuses with the same code, you are able to apply them when making a new reservation at the checkout page, it can not be applied to an existing reservation”

Good to know. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Willene1  Take what CS reps tell you with a large grain of salt.

Are you sure you earned a new bonus, or is this the same bonus?

I did get an email saying I earned the credit with Superhost status but gave me the same code I had last year.  
I assume because normally one would expire before the next one is earned, that the system isn’t set up to show two. Due to Covid and extending the deadline is causing the second one to not show yet.  She did confirm that.  I hope that is correct. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

You can only have one Superhost bonus at a time. For example, I get my bonus on July 1st (pending I make superhost.) So I could use my previous bonus for stays July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021. My current bonus is valid July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022. I have never been able to able to apply two $100 credits nor have I ever had two $100 credits available to me at the same time.

Except that the one that was to expire June 30, 2021 was extended to Dec 31, 2021.   I know they cannot be combined but I should still be able to have both as long as they are used separately.