Superhost relief funds

Yael5
Level 2
New York, NY

Superhost relief funds

Hi 

can someone direct me how I check /subscribe for Superhost relief fund?

thanks 

hope all of you are healthy 🙏❤️
yael

33 Replies 33

Yael5
Level 2
New York, NY

Thank you so much 

I can see all the information but not a link to subscribe?

be safe

With ❤️yael

I have contacted Airbnb. I have send my application to the customer service. But it was directly rejected. They told me that you have to wait for an invitation. Possibly Airbnb makes first a selection. 

Carole140
Level 2
Portland, OR

The email stated that they invite elegible Superhosts, who demonstrate need. Hmmmmm

ok, you cannot just apply.

Carole140
Level 2
Portland, OR

Hello All,

All of us have had cancellations due to Covid 19. I am totally elegible for a bit of money for that loss. My mush greater loss, is the complete lack of bookings from March till God knows when for my sweet Tiny Treehouse and my upstairs space. We are all loosing. I'm a low income senior that is hurting from the loss. I've been a Superhost from the Get Go, as the sweet, cheap Treehouse is/was very popular...then I added the space Upstairs vacated by my daughter. I havn't yet calculated my approximate losses by comparing to last year......but My huge Question IS...."How does this supposed Team of people determine the Need of the Hosts that They Choose to send an email of invitation to apply for financial Aid through their relief fund? In the FAQ's...that obvious question is not answered. How convienient. Possibly....you must have Instant Book? Possibly, you must comply with their Price Tips? I have solid reasons for not doing Either....but I suspect that Only the "Most Cooperative" Superhosts, will be chosen to apply.....as How the Hell can Airbnb determine your Need?! How can Airbnb know your personal finances? Answer is, they Cannot. I know that I will receive ZERO from the cancellation fund and even less than Zero from the Superfund Relief Fund....even though. I have lost $$ and have significant need. I feel strongly that Brian's magnanimous sounding Words are Political Spin for so many of us. That is not to say that the Funds are not real...but when they don't even state in the FAQ's, HOW NEED IS DETERMINED, and there is no way to email to ask.....and calling is futile...Oie! tried it yesterday. I feel hopeless 😞

How and where do I apply for the The Superhost
Relief Fund?

You don't. 

Sanee0
Level 2
Vietnam

Just called Airbnb support. The information is: Eligible hosts will be invited by email.
When this email will be sent could not be specified.

:(((

Rajan2
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

I would like to know as well. Have lost all income as a result of 7 cancellations and all future bookings. I will hope to get invited so we can continue hosting guests. Thank you!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Yael5 @Rajan2 @Carole140 @Sanee0 @Peter-and-Aime-0 ,

Thanks for taking the time to post here! I've got a bit more additional information to share with you regarding the Superhost relief fund, but to reiterate on some of your concerns - you do not need to apply, you will be invited by email:

How do invites work?

We started sending out invites in mid-April and we will be sending them weekly through Mid-May to eligible hosts around the world. We’re prioritizing invitations based on how long people have been a Superhost and how significantly their earnings have been impacted due to COVID-19. That means, most invitations so far have gone to people who have been Superhosts for 4+ years. All invites will be sent by mid-May, and if you’re invited to apply, you’ll get an email with a link to the application.

A specialized team is reviewing every application and keeping hosts' information discreet. Everyone who applies will get a response within 2 weeks, and grants will range from $1,000 to $5,000.

Will all Superhosts be able to apply?

There are hundreds of thousands of Superhosts around the world. While everyone in our community is feeling the impact of COVID-19, we are using this fund to offer meaningful aid to some of the Superhosts whose earnings have been hit hardest.

That means not all eligible Superhosts will be invited to apply for a relief grant. We’ll prioritize invitations based on Superhost tenure, and award relief grants to hosts that demonstrate the most urgent financial need.

Please do reply here if you have any further questions, I'm always happy to help!

Stay safe,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hello Stephanie,

many thanks for the update. I am already eagerly waiting for new information about the Superhost Relief Fund because my situation is really desperate. I am a German expat and have been living in Vietnam for three years. I have invested all my money in the listing that I have successfully rented exclusively through Airbnb for two years.  Since the corona virus pandemic, all bookings have been canceled. Tourism in Vietnam was hit hard right from the start by the corona virus travel restrictions. My financial reserves have been used up. I cannot apply for a loan in Vietnam. Nor can I apply for financial help in Germany because I no longer live there. I have no other source of income and cannot pursue any other job because I have no work permit as a foreigner. At the moment I don't know what to do next. It will probably take a few more months before I can greet guests again. I will not get through this time without financial support. My last hope is support from the Airbnb Superhost Relief Fund. I'm looking forward to get the invitation email soon.

Stay safe!

Best Regards

Sanee

Hi Stephanie,

We are a retired couple living on one Social Security check which just covers the mortgage.  The income from Airbnb is the only thing that lets us stay in our home.   Without relief, we will lose it.

We earned Superhost status in our first quarter and have continuously maintained that for two full years.  We never rented our home on any other platform. Last year we hosted 33 sets of guests on our 20 acre wildlife refuge at the foot of the Grand Mesa in Colorado.

We lost all our bookings from mid February  on and have nothing since . We worked with our panicked guests to help get Covid refunds at the time when the Airbnb policy was not clear. 

This is our ONLY home.  We restored a vintage RV to stay discreetly elsewhere on the property to serve our guests while they enjoyed our log home, the land, and the wildlife. 

Our case should be the poster child for the Superhost relief fund, but I’m afraid we’ll be left behind.

My concern is the language in the information about the fund seems to have changed focus. In the beginning it was about helping the hosts with the most dire need.  

Now it seems to have changed to just taking care of those who lost the most money, not who are in the most Need. 

please, help us.  

Earned Superhost status 15 times in a row. 

Listing my own private home 

Lost tremendous amount since march 14th

All eligibility requirements met

Yet not a word till today

So disappointed 

Let's be honest, the relief fund was just feeding people hopes to turn out to be empty words, but hosts will remember.