Superhost status yanked despite meeting criterion

Rahil5
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Superhost status yanked despite meeting criterion

Did anyone get an email saying they did not meet the superhost criterion despite meeting the status? Our annual numbers on the superhost dashboard are:

5 stars
100% response rate
81 stays, 325 nights
0% cancellation

What am I missing? We have had superhost status since we started hosting. This sudden betrayal, despite our hard work, is plain disheartening.

I called the CS and he did not have a good response.  He said the numbers are all there, but he suspects the status tanked because my account was locked briefly last week. To be clear, Airbnb had locked my account for security reasons, didn't provide any notification, and I had gained access within 12 hrs. The lock up happened likely because of an overzealous security bot at Airbnb but it is unfair that our listing is being penalized for something Airbnb initiated without proper cause. 

4 Replies 4
Rahil5
Level 2
San Jose, CA

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.45.22 PM.png

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rahil5 

Rahil, I feel for you, obviously I don't have the information regarding your account to make a qualified comment but, breaking down your stats does indeed reveal you as an outstanding Superhost. What you have achieved in the past year puts you in the top 15% of Airbnb hosts!

The thing that has my back up, Superhost is a guest award.......it's not an Airbnb award. It is an award for outstanding achievement (despite all the roadblocks that Airbnb put in the way) by our guests for what they see as outstanding hosting. The program that controls the awarding of Superhost status should not take into account anything outside the stated required criteria......as you have screenshot above. 

If you are going to put a lot of other conditions on the awarding or removing of Superhost status, tell us Airbnb, stop operating in some sort of vacuum where we are kept in the dark like a tunnel full of bloody mushrooms! 

I am cross about this whole Superhost thing Rahil because I thought I was going to lose mine through no fault or failing on my part. I just happened to have a number of guests who didn't understand that Airbnb hosts are penalised on anything  less than a default 5 star rating. ......even when the guest states everything was 5 star. I scraped through, barely with a Superhost 4.8 rating whereas my listed overall rating is 4.91. The whole thing is just a total c*ck-up!

Superhost rating is important to hosts and Airbnb need to be held accountable when they arbitrarily remove what a hosts guests have given with no explanation. If a hosts badge is going to be red flagged all CS personnel need to have access as to why, not enter into some sort of guessing game with the hapless host.

Disgraceful Rahil and I feel for you mate! As I said I don't what other factors might be involved but Airbnb needs hosts like you, hosts that not a soul can find fault with, and I hope some commonsense will prevail here and you will get that badge back......Good luck Rahil.

Cheers........Rob

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rahil5

I'm really sorry to hear about this, however thanks a lot for sharing your experience here, and for all those details! I've passed this on to the team on my end, if I get more information on what happened I'll let you know. 🙂 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

thanks for the check-in and followup. The issue has been resolved and my superhost status has been reinstated. I will make an updated shortly.