Superhost valuation period extensions

Nila128
Level 2
Northbridge, Australia

Superhost valuation period extensions

In light of the recent floods in both Queensland & NSW, has anyone been able to get an extension on the period in which Airbnb valuate your Superhost status? Remember they paused it during the Covid lockdowns. I'm wondering how to ask them to also consider the current flood situation and its impact on Hosts. I've had a chat to Airbnb on the phone and the best they could do was lodge my feedback. Is there any other channel I can use? Anyone else in the same situation?

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nila128So sorry about your flood situation.  (Which reminds me I should call my brother in NSW)

Don't waste your time on this. Yes, Airbnb waived some criteria due to the pandemic, because that was a worldwide event affecting all hosts.

There are location-specific natural disasters all over the world at any given time. Getting Airbnb to waive Superhost criteria for every place that might have their bookings impacted by local climate events is wishful thinking.

Nila128
Level 2
Northbridge, Australia

Thanks Sarah 😞

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nila128  as @Sarah977  said - don't waste your time. Zagreb was severely hit by 2 earthquakes back in 2020 and hundreds of Airbnbs were shut for months, even a full year, but it didn't change superhost criteria. Covid was pandemic, worldwide, it was different.

Thanks @Branka-and-Silvia0 Good to know. I won't waste my time then. Much appreciated