Talk to a supervisor

Talk to a supervisor

I'm a long time Airbnb user. I have all 5-star ratings. Two months ago, Airbnb was hacked and someone used my credit card. What followed was and still is a mess made by Airbnb. They have canceled our rental that we made in February twice and I've twice convinced the lovely owner to reinstate it. Now, a month before 18 family members are flying from all over the world, I'm nervous again. I'm desperate to speak with someone at Airbnb that has the authority to explain what's happening. Does anyone know how to reach someone besides an ambassador who has no authority? 

10 Replies 10

I'm going to hashtag this thread.

#help

#supervisor

#Airbnbhelp

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Amy2373 Airbnb seem to excel at stopping guests or hosts talking to anyone senior. You could try a Twitter approach as some say they have a better standard of support agent.

Have you changed your credit card?

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 I tried twitter and Facebook.  I changed the credit card. Had to cancel it thanks to Airbnb. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Amy2373 I wonder if Airbnb are trying to charge the old/cancelled card. By the way - Are you sure Airbnb was hacked? It is more likely that your credit card details were hacked elsewhere and used to make a booking.

That might be true but I changed all the cards and Airbnb canceled my reservation again. Now why?

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Amy2373 has the whole cost of the trip been charged to one of the credit cards? If so which one?

A new one. One with no limit.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Amy2373 then I have no idea why they should cancel the booking. I hope you can reach an accommodation with the host directly if they cancel you again.

Yup, a mystery with no one at Airbnb in authority to help. 

I even wrote to @brianchesney and all the top people at Airbnb. A supervisor got back to me in the middle of the night and then closed my case without talking to me.