Tenant that destroyed things

Debra641
Level 2
Clermont, FL

Tenant that destroyed things

I recently had a tenant that destroyed things in my condo.  I have to replace the mattress, as his dog peed on it and it has multiple staines on it.  Broke my couch, the vertical blinds on my sliding glass door, broke a ceiling fan, broke two screens, smoked when it is non smoking, did not take out the trash, didn't do dishes, didn't do the laundry, didn't follow my house rules and I have missing items.  And the list goes on.  He even broke my HVAC unit.  I know this because I just had it serviced the day before he arrived and during the 3rd month of his stay the power company called to ask if there was an electric car plugged in to the property since the electric usage was more than double it have ever been.  Having the A/C turned so low it drained the unit and it went out.  I discovered some of the issues when I went to meet the HVAC installer to have the unit replaced.  I called and notified AirBnB right way when I discovered this.  I submitted a claim and have had multiple conversations with them and no resolve.  AirBnB did call me right way saying the tenant complained about no A/C and that they would be deducting money from me for that.  I told them and have the communication where I offered for him to go to a hotel and he declined.  He left at the end of July, I have not had any response from AirBnB to my claim.  My property is going unrented and I need to spend a considerable amount of money to get it all put back together.  This length of time is not acceptable and who reimburses me for lost revenue?  Anyone with a similar situation that can shed some light on this process?

1 Reply 1
Debra641
Level 2
Clermont, FL

I forgot to mention that I gave him an accurate review and then he lied in the review about me, calling me toxic.  I responded but don't see my response.  It lowered my 5 star reviews.  Will AirBnB fix this.