Tenants destroy my house

Tenants destroy my house

Airbnb tenants destroyed my house how do I request a person to personally come inspect my house i hate them the resolution team refused to call me I hate text or email my house is destroyed and thousands of dollars of damage is caused to my house I hate Airbnb slow response to pay up

20210528_125914.jpg

 I have losts more pictures 

20210528_134334.jpg

  

20210528_130248.jpg

20210528_130142.jpg

20210528_130124.jpg

20210528_130122.jpg

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Steven1143 

Airbnb will not come to inspect your house.

All you can do is file a claim to the guest using these strict procedures:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

Thank you for the update i really appreciate you taking time out your day to reply  to my post

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Steven1143   Can you give some more details on what happened?

I assume you know that you have to file for damages before anyone else comes there/or before 14?days.  No one from Airbnb will come to your house, you will have to organize the documentation on damages/repairs and upload them to Airbnb.

I'm not sure really it was my 1st airbnb rental they stayed for 41 days and 1 extra without paying, the neighbors kept telling me that those people was always fighting in the house when my landscape guy had cut the grass and took pictures I noticed some damage that is when I got worried so I ask multiple times if they will renew they ignored me

May 16 I ask airbnb if they received a payment from them the response was no so t told the rap that I would call the police to get them out since they were no longer responding to me 

After they was gone my neighbor sent my pictures of my house destroyed i didn't know my beds was broken until I arrived to the property 5-6 days later

But airbnb can see it on the picture i just didn't expect a person to break the beds

@Steven1143  Airbnb doesn't really care about the truth, so if you missed the window of 14 days since they left, Airbnb won't pay anything unless you get very, very lucky.  You could threaten to go to the media and/or put your information on their facebook and twitter feeds...some say this can result in a better outcome.

The thing about Airbnb is you should always assume that no one will help you...so if you approach it that it's up to you to do everything in your power to prevent problems....as you did, have good neighbors that will tell you when things go wrong, if you do long term rentals factor in a 1 or 2 week light cleaning so you can get inside the house and make sure the guests aren't trashing it, work to weed out potential bad guests by your communications.  For example, we always mention that we live in the same house as the airbnb, we say it in a way that 'we're around if you need us' but the real reason for repeating this is so people who do not want the owner 'around' won't book, and that anyone who does book will know that we're right on site.  

We have done well with Airbnb but it takes a really pro active attitude that you are the only one who will protect your property.  Although we don't do long term, only up to 1 month.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Steven1143   I see you are new to the Air BNB platform and may not  have thoroughly looked into how this platform works as yet.  Unfortunately you have some mistaken ideas about what to expect so you are vulnerable to your home being misused by guests and costing you money.  Hope you take time to become more informed and you have started in a good place to get information about long term tenant policies and dealing with damage.  Good luck with your new business.

Thank you for taking time to reply to me i have learned that its better to have my house in 1 peace then to have the opportunity to make extra money with airbnb 

@Steven1143  A lot of people decide to start hosting because they have the false notion that it's easy money. 

What I would suggest is that you snooze or delist for awhile, and read posts on this forum for awhile to learn what other hosts do to protect themselves from this sort of damage. 

Then you can figure out if you'd like to start hosting again, armed with some knowledge of hosting tips.

I just rent a private room/bath in my home and I have never had any bad guests. Quite the opposite. Personally, I would never want to list an entire house if I didn't live right next door, it seems quite a stressful job to take on.

Taking long term reservations is really risky- as you found out, Airbnb only guarantees the first month's payment. And guests become tenants in most places after 30 days and it can then be hard to evict them, as they then fall under landlord/tenant laws.

Also you need to communicate sufficiently with guests when they request to book so you have a chance to look for red flags. New hosts shouldn't use Instant Book, IMO.

It appears that your awful guest no longer has an account. Either Airbnb banned her after you sending them photos, or she deleted her account.