Terrible Host - **

Terrible Host - **

Has anyone else tried to leave an honest and negative review for the host **.? **. She bullied us, violated our privacy, and tried to extort us for extra money and she seems to know how to manipulate the airbnb platform to hide her bad behavior.  Airbnb has not acted in good faith with my efforts to hold her accountable and I have to believe there are other guests with similar experiences. She managed to get airbnb to remove my review and I am betting she has done the same to others.  She has only positive reviews posted that I can see, but based on how we were treated by her, I know there must be others out there that she has treated poorly as well.  Please contact me if you too have had a bad experience with her and we will band together to force airbnb to hold her accountable.  Please do not book with **. 

**[Personal  information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

21 Replies 21

@Mark116  my review has been reposted and airbnb customer service acknowledges that it violated no rules.  So you are incorrect - it was surprisingly easy for her to get it removed and clearly airbnb realized that I was not going to be bullied into letting it happen. 

I would suggest it is extremely unlikely, verging on impossible that a guest would put the effort that I have to get a removed review reposted. But I did.  Just like **

The facts speak for themselves..

**[Personal remarks removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

I completely understand that being "emotional" and writing a "long" review does not make me attractive to other hosts.  As I said, I am not here because I want to use airbnb again after this.  I have learned that airbnb offers zero support or protection from bad hosts.  And reviews are clearly not all posted - especially bad ones so I have no idea if I am getting a good or bad host when I book.  So I meant it when I said I am done with airbnb.  I get why any host would have concerns about getting a bad review from me.  But I would point out @Lisa723 , that saying no judgment does not equate to expressing no judgment and it is clear you have made yours and you have a right to it.  The reason I chose this forum is that you all as superhosts cannot walk away from airbnb the way I can.  At this point I would prefer a hotel any day.  If you care about this platform then my hope was that someone here would care enough to speak up about this type of thing and protect your superhost name.  My hope is that word will get back to ** somehow and she will reconsider her behavior.  As long and emotional as my post was - it was filled with indisputable facts as outrageous as they were.  I chose airbnb to help me to arrange a great experience with my son at a huge expense and it was literally ruined by the constant threats and actions of this host.  That makes me very emotional.  I haven't even included all the details and there are many more bad ones.  This host sent me a request for $8,000 nearly two weeks after we left the property in perfect condition and early on the date our reservation ended.  We made a video of the property to protect ourselves from damage claims based on this hosts behavior and our loss of trust.  She billed us double for the days she was already paid by us, but from the date she asked us to leave and we did not leave because our reservation was valid and the police and 3 airbnb agents said we didn't have to.  So you can see, this was all about money for her.  If she had been so upset and wanted us gone she could have refunded us the money for the days remaining when she asked us to leave and the police then would have had grounds to remove us according to them.  But she didn't want us to leave unless she could keep our money.  So yes she may not see this forum, but many hosts have and I hope that she is shamed if she hears about it because what she did was terrible and wrong and everybody involved in airbnb loses when hosts like her exist.  And when you say you are glad that I "got what I wanted" I will you give the benefit of meaning that although it certainly comes across as suggesting "what I wanted" wasn't the right thing.  The truth and transparency are what I wanted - you should be glad. Had airbnb left the reviews up - as emotional as they are - I would never have come to this community in the first place.  But who knows why they are back and maybe someone other than yourself cared enough to raise the issue on their own.

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

** That review was bang on. I believe you are correct @Penny386 . Choose hotels going forward. 

Wow @Colleen253  - I guess we are all in the right place.  Airbnb and heartless judgmental hosts go hand in hand.  Sooo glad that this experience confirms for me that Airbnb and its hosts think they have a great thing going and anyone who gets trampled by them deserves it and anyone with the tenacity to stand up and demand to be heard is "drama".  **  Good riddance to airbnb.  I'm not the first to leave it and I won't be the last.  **

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Penny386  You make the excuse that you  were a new to Aairbnb guest for violating the no 3rd party booking rule, and then having more people stay than were booked for. Ignorance is not a valid excuse, as  this information is available for guests on the Airbnb help info for guests, which you didn't bother to inform yourself of.

And "Her review is purposely short and vague because she cannot defend her actions."

No, her review is purposely short and vague because she is **

You are very welcome to what you believe.  I actually regret that I got sucked in to defending myself as a guest when the purpose of my original post was simply that I felt that airbnb was not being transparent by allowing my review to be posted.  The purpose of reviews is to provide information for guests and hosts to make what they will of them.  I don't really care if any of you believe me or not.  I think what has happened with my review being removed and reposted shows how inconsistent airbnb is in enforcing its own rules and how dangerous it is with its lack of honest transparency.

I was not a great guest - I was uninformed and broke rules and I have been transparent about that with **, and in my review and my initial post here.  However, I made very effort to apologize, correct my mistakes, offer compensation for my violations and to be a courteous and respectful guest.  I did not cause damage, disturb any neighbors, and did not actually do anything that created an actual problem.  But ** took extreme actions in spite of my efforts.  ** had every right to review me and provide actual helpful facts rather than name calling - but it seems to have worked for her purpose.  I gave an overload of facts and for some it will be a turnoff and for others it will be helpful. ** and all of you now have the information you need to never rent to me again  that is your choice.  And hopefully guests now have the information they need to avoid ** if they believe my review.  That's all I really wanted.

The purpose of reviews is not to win a dispute - its to provide everyone a chance to offer their perspective. I suspect as I  said initially, that ** hurts all of you including the good ones I am sure are out there.  **

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your contributions to this thread.

As I feel the discussion has no longer been constructive, I'm closing it for future replies.

Feel free to send me a DM if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Liv