The Hosting Olympics ๐Ÿ…

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The Hosting Olympics ๐Ÿ…

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 15.09.27.png

Hi everyone, 

I'm pleased to announce the opening of the Hosting Olympics! We didn't quite have the budget for an Opening Ceremony complete with fireworks and dancers (throwback to London 2012!), but we are certainly bringing the same level of enthusiasm. 

Given that the Olympics is currently underway, we thought it would be an excellent opportunity to have our own little version here in the Community Center to celebrate the dedication of our members. With this in mind, we have opened the floor for the following medals:

• Hosting veteran
  • Fastest sheet-changer
  • Fastest to respond to messages and requests

• Host with the best all-around knowledge
  • Host that gives the best advice on the CC 
  • Diplomatic Maestro (best at diffusing situations/writing replies to challenging reviews or messages)
  • The listing whose photos make you daydream

Do you think you have a shot at the Gold for one of these medals? Or maybe the name of another member comes to mind? Nominate your favourites in the comments, and if you want to grab one for yourself, share a little story to convince us that you are worthy of the podium๐Ÿฅ‡

We can't wait to hear your nominations!

Nick 

4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

I nominate @Colleen253  for helpfulness, @Robin4 for engaging, entertaining posts, and @Anonymous for humor!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

The humour category is a great idea, can't believe I missed it @Pat271 (will add the vote though).

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

I could spend days making nominations in far more categories than you've listed @Nick . I look up to many, many hosts on this forum. Bit overwhelming, so I won't even attempt it I'm afraid. However, I cannot leave without at least nominating @A-t0 in the response maestro category for stellar responses to sketchy guests. Everyone must go check them out for a masterclass in handling 'those' reviews.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-Cancels-Reservation-on-Host-behalf-without-Host-c...

Hi folks and especially @Colleen253 , Thank youu haha... It has been an amazing journey here at Airbnb and thanks to all of you in the community center for helping each-other out.  Thats the spirit and I mean it.

As to my sketchy guests, well I wouldn't have done this without you, so Thank You too... haha ๐Ÿ˜‰