The account payout method was switched to a fraudulent Payoneer Master Card not by us :(

Natalia636
Level 2
Folly Beach, SC

The account payout method was switched to a fraudulent Payoneer Master Card not by us :(

Has anyone else experienced the same fraud? Our method of payout was switched without any notification from Airbnb. Emails about payouts were sent as usual but the money were sent to a fraudulent Payoneer account. A week later we realized that we have not received a single payout from Airbnb. We manage almost 80 properties and this is our busy season, therefore we are missing a large chunk of money. We are hopeful that Airbnb will be able to reimburse us for the losses. 

4 Replies 4
Joseph1464
Level 1
Arusha, Tanzania

Hello there am facing almost a similar situation right now with payments sent to my Payoneer account however todate I still haven't received anything.I have written to Airbnb customer service to effect a reversal that's after I contacted Payoneer don't know how long this will take. Anyone with an idea kindly advise

Hi there. I am not familiar with Payoneer at all  but it sounds like you need to contact Payoneer again. And also, confirm that the payoneer account on airbnb is in fact your account and not some random fraudulent account. 

Dan95
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Looks like the identical thing happened to me. I noticed payouts were not coming in, and I see that my default payout was set to Payoneer, which I've never even heard about. No notifications at all in my email history. It's a big chunk of money for me, too. I've called Airbnb and requested urgent escalation, waiting for a callback from the payouts department.

Without any account info, I'm not sure how far I can get calling Payoneer. If anyone has any advice, please drop it here!

Joseph1464
Level 1
Arusha, Tanzania

Hi there, who owns the Payoneer account linked to the card? who else has access to your dashboard?? do you have a partner host with access??...personally my payout method is Payoneer and so far am impressed as they are fast and efficient with notifications as soon as funds hit their account. If you are not linked to the payout method,go to your dashboard and disable the payoneer payment and change this to your previous payment method.et me know if this helps