The beach house on the hill

Lisbeth49
Level 2
Coolum Beach, Australia

The beach house on the hill

Hi there I hope somebody can help me please . I have just been sent an email from Airbnb for my listing  “ the beach house on the hill” in Coolum beach . I have near perfect 5 stars but because I had to cancel two bookings last year because of covid , they tell me that I will loose my super host status till 1/7/22 . I find that very distressing for me as I put a massive effort into hosting our place - and surely covid we couldn’t stop . Have anyone been in same situation- any advise is much appreciated 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Lisbeth49 I fear this shows the importance of HOW you cancel due to covid (or anything really). Hosts need to call Airbnb and ask for an extenuating circumstance (no fault) cancellation rather than doing it on line.

Lisbeth49
Level 2
Coolum Beach, Australia

Thank you so much for you answer. I actually rang Airbnb and they said it was because i cancelled a booking in March 2022, just gone. i went i didnt cancel a booking my guest did, the guy looked into it, and he said you are right , you didnt cancel your guest did. He then forwarded it issue to another department, and i am waiting to hear from them. So there you go, hopefully, properly a mistake on airbnb's end , as last year was the time i cancelled due to covid, when it was raging . cheers lisbeth