This company is a fraud… do NOT give them access to your account

Mary5045
Level 1
Altadena, CA

This company is a fraud… do NOT give them access to your account

I was charged 22 days ago for a reservation that I didn’t make. I caught the change in my bank account and sent the information to Airbnb through chatline, along with the Invoice number and transaction number. It was for Luxenberg and the charge was over $150. No one could figure out anything. They were unable to give me back my money. It is very frustrating that I was charged over 22 days ago for a reservation that I didn’t make. They told me that they would have someone else look into it and sent me emails for the next 22 days. It is very frustrating that they took it from my personal checking account. Every transaction requires an ID, all I was asking is that they check who made the reservation and verify that was not me. It didn’t seem like it would be too difficult to figure out. But they were unable to refund me my money. Thank God for PayPal , they happily fixed the issue. Unfortunately I will never use Airbnb again. Be very careful. This is a fraudulent company that is unwilling to help and able to take money from you. I never want this to happen to anyone else. 

2 Replies 2
Annie1372
Level 10
Montreal, Canada

@Mary5045 

You are right the the customer service of AirBNB has been deficient for the last months.

if I were you I would change my password of my PayPal account and all my other bank and credit card account as it seams that someone used your detailed information to pay them self a nice little vacation.

Annie
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mary5045, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Whilst I can see that you were able to resolve this with PayPal, I will still pass this on to the team (just in case). 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen