Time to delist from Airbnb

Claes0
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Time to delist from Airbnb

After having payed several thousands to Airbnb for their host "services", I have come to realize I'm nothing but their prostitute and they are my abusive pimp.

They care nothing about their hosts and do not honor their own SLAs regarding response times, and they have let me hang several times when guests have destroyed my home and caused problems for my neighbors.

The last example, which was the final drip, was when guests caused a flooding which filled the bathroom and kitchen with sewer water, and I am still, 9 days later, waiting for a response. Meanwhile the guests have posted a revenge review to cover their asses.

Airbnb does not understand that the hosts is the gasoline in their engine, and that if the hosts vote with their feet and leave, they have zero business.

Hello alternatives (booking.com, holidu etc), here i come.

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Claes0 

Unfortunatelly there are no alternatives, as other platforms are not like Airbnb (in good times).

@Emiel1  Booking . com is an alternative, in my area, this summer they are filling better than Airbnb.

Berlin is a popular destination...

Airbnb has still, after 10 days not gotten back to me regarding the flooding the guests caused.

Despite the fact that they have a 72 hours SLA for this 

I have given Airbnb thousands of Euros over the year and they treat me like air.

Can't imagine that i would have a worse experience with any other platform 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

I think all host should try other platforms if only to see which one is producing the most business for you in your country, Dont just rely on Airbnb,

In our experience this year Airbnb has been the best we have been full all year and not one booking from another platform I guess that might be down to our calendar showing full through to the middle of September, 

Before Covid I did have a few properties listed and something for every budget the worst guest were coming from BDC, nightmare some of them proper cheap charlies, 

@Sudsrung0 

interesting... here is the same, the worst guests are from Booking. com. I guess it is the instant booking/no ratings for guests/no cancelations for hosts .... combination

But, as I said, in Croatia, this summer there are more bookings from BC than from Airbnb

I'll try Holidu, where you can list your property and having it published on the platforms of your choice, and manage it all from one central place.

Airbnb will not be where I publish my property for the next year.

This company acts horribly towards the hosts