Tune in for a message to our hosts from CEO Brian Chesky at 3 p.m. PT March 30.

Airbnb
Official Account

Tune in for a message to our hosts from CEO Brian Chesky at 3 p.m. PT March 30.

The coronavirus (COVID-19) has posed unprecedented challenges for the world, including our community of hosts and guests. This is a once-in-a-generation crisis, and we know hosts like you are feeling the biggest impact—so many of you rely on income from your Airbnb properties, and you’re facing a lot of uncertainty right now. 

Over the past three weeks, we’ve hosted more than 50 online listening sessions with hosts from around the world to connect and hear your feedback. As a follow-up, CEO Brian Chesky will be talking to you from his home in San Francisco. He’ll be answering some of the questions you’ve asked about our extenuating circumstances policy, how to host during COVID-19, and more.

Bookmark this page to watch his talk live at 3:00 p.m PT Monday, March 30. Can’t make it at that time? We’ll share a recording with you after the event. 

For more answers to your questions about hosting during this challenging time, please visit Airbnb.com/COVID—we’ll keep updating it with trends, tips, and information on everything we're doing to support our community.

Thank you once again for being a host. We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.

171 Replies 171
Michael3494
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Airbnb - Brian 

I'm not a super host as I could not afford if the guests cancels there booking to receive anything. Your grant scheme is only for super hosts. So I  don't qualify. In April I was due £6,500 pounds, which is now to £1,200. of which I will receive around £625.00 from my cancelation policy. In may in my account I am due £7,000 pounds but if we are on lock down I will have to refund these guests. 

Just wondered if not being a super host if you will look at us.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I don't think I qualify for anything.   I have a moderate policy. All my cancellations occurred earlier than the 5 days. One was 7 days ahead. The others were earlier than that.

"For a full refund of the nightly rate, the guest must cancel at least 5 full days before the listing's local check-in time (shown in the confirmation email). The service fee will not be refunded unless the guest cancels within the free cancellation period for their reservation.

If the guest cancels less than 5 days in advance, the first night is non-refundable but 50% of the nightly rate for remaining nights will be refunded."

At best, any money I might have received back would have been a bag of groceries worth. But a bag of groceries, at the moment, is nothing to sneeze at.  Oh.  Please - no sneezing !!!!

I don't qualify for anything either but still, my entire livelihood is at stake.  It doesn't seem fair to all those hosts affected, super or not!

Almudena36
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Being the owner of a small business Airbnb is more than 50% of my income, which I totally rely on to be able to afford a basic living. I was hoping that the Relief Fund would apply to any host that genuinely needs it and not only superhosts. We have hosted for years and years in Airbnb and feel completely left out. Of over £1K planned earnings on reservations that have been cancelled we will only (hopefully!) receive a marginal £162 from Airbnb. Very disappointed.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Airbnb  "This is a once-in-a-generation crisis...". Spoken like true millenials, who think the world began with their birth. I'm 70- the COVID pandemic is a once-in-a-lifetime event,  not once-in-a-generation. The Spanish flu, in 1918, was the last major pandemic-killed 50 million people. Let's hope we can stop this one before we see those kinds of numbers.

everyone be healthy and we will survive this madness

David6786
Level 2
Pleasanton, CA

This CEO is a joke.  Hosts are hurting now financially.  Hosts, super or not, have put many many hours to accommodate guests.  We don't want to hear about online experiences.  We want to know how you can help your hosts through these tough financial times.  Hosts that have flexible cancelations are basically being punished for giving their guests more flexibility.  I have been hosting for over two years and am dependent on the income.  I expected a lot more from Airbnb.  As many others have said, they have left  us hosts high and dry.  I will be looking for other platforms to host.  

Brian, if you really want to help your hosts, convert half of your support structure to help hosts during these times.