UK visitors required to self isolate for 14 days from 8th June.

Teresa473
Level 2
Morpeth, United Kingdom

UK visitors required to self isolate for 14 days from 8th June.

Visitors to the UK, with effect from 8th June, will be required to self isolate in a designated property for 14 days & provide full details to customs before entry permitted.
Many overseas guests stays at multiple locations, so how will we know they have completed their quarantine elsewhere if their booking is less than the 14 day period?  Do Airbnb have any plans to help hosts manage this & also prolong the "extenuating circumstances" date beyond the 30th June for any UK bookings from guests with non UK addresses.

TIA

Teresa

4 Replies 4
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I'm puzzled @Teresa473 . At the moment we are still banned from hosting up till 4 July, are we not? (Unless these foreign guests are flying in to work here.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/further-businesses-and-premises-to-close/further-busnesse...

Teresa473
Level 2
Morpeth, United Kingdom

Hi Helen

You are right we are only allowed to host key workers at the minute. I'm thinking beyond 4th July when the current extenuating policy ends, it's not that far away....

@Teresa473 

If your government has a mandatory 14-day quarantine requirement for all incoming international travelers, I'm sure the government would have something in place rather than *assume* people will self-quarantine and let them all enter the country.

S.Korea also has a 14-day mandatory quarantine and in case of foreigners without a permanent residence in Korea, they are required to fulfill the 14-day quarantine in a government facility at their own expense. I've been told people are asked to sign an agreement before boarding a flight. 

http://overseas.mofa.go.kr/nl-en/brd/m_6971/view.do?seq=761545

@Teresa473 @Jessica-and-Henry0  We are the same as Korea here in New Zealand.
Even James Cameron and his Avator film crew who arrived yesterday from LA were placed immediately in quarantine in one of 12 hotels designated for this. You are allowed a short walk with a minder and that’s it for the next 14 days. 
I understand a nurse calls daily to ask if you have symptoms.  
Anyone not with an NZ passport has to pay .